+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA- Name Change Affidavit Requirement?

Aktaggar

Dec 1, 2018
Hi all,
Can someone please advise on the following:

I had changed my name (added surname) way back in 2014, at that time, I was minor and my name was changed by my father. This name was only changed on passport and we did not inform university where I was doing graduation, about my name change at that time. I graduated and my old name was mentioned on all the graduation documents.

When I started study visa application for Canada, I used my updated name everywhere and all my Canadian education docs and work experience docs reflect updated name. After receiving ITA, I am now uploading all the documents and noticed that WES report for my bachelor degree states that name mentioned on this report differs from what was mentioned on the original documents sent by university.

I am now thinking to attach the affidavit to show that my name was changed back then, but i am confused if I should declare by myself? OR my father should make that declaration since it was changed by him when I was minor. Would IRCC accept the attested form that is declared by my father? or should I create that letter on my behalf and then get it attested from notary in India. Also, I am currently residing in Canada, so would that raise questions if I declare it and get attested from Indian notary.

Please advise if anyone can. Thanks.