+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders Conditions

doggy1000

Apr 10, 2014
Hi there guys,

I'm a newbie on this forum, I would really appreciate any help and guidance from everyone ;D
I graduated back in Spring 2013 and I've received my PGWP since June 2013, it expires in June 2016.

So I'm kind of confuse as to what conditions apply to PGWP holders, specifically:
1.) Would I be allowed to leave canada for a certain time period (e.g. a year) and come back before my PGWP expires?
2.) I heard that during your PGWP period you have to stay in Canada, or if you happen to leave you are only allowed a max period of one month. Is this true?

Any info regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all! :)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doggy1000 said:
Hi there guys,

I'm a newbie on this forum, I would really appreciate any help and guidance from everyone ;D
I graduated back in Spring 2013 and I've received my PGWP since June 2013, it expires in June 2016.

So I'm kind of confuse as to what conditions apply to PGWP holders, specifically:
1.) Would I be allowed to leave canada for a certain time period (e.g. a year) and come back before my PGWP expires?
2.) I heard that during your PGWP period you have to stay in Canada, or if you happen to leave you are only allowed a max period of one month. Is this true?

Any info regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all! :)
You can leave and stay as much as you pleased if you have a multiple entry TRV - so it works just like your study permit (just speaking from my own experience)

During my first year of having my PGWP - I actually went travelling in the US for months before I went back to Canada to work.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are new changes with regards to international students ....I havent read them and dont know for sure how they are going to affect international students so trade carefully you don't be caught offgurd...Otherwise good luck