+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit

ryan ryan

Feb 5, 2024
1/ Hey everyone! I'm planning to apply for my PGWP in May. I arrived in Canada back in 2017 for my degree, but in 2022, I switched colleges for a diploma program.

2/ The twist? I ended up on academic probation for two years, restricting me from taking any courses during that period. Now, I'm worried about how this might affect my PGWP application.

3/ Has anyone been in a similar situation or have insights on how academic probation and changing colleges might impact the PGWP application process?

4/ I've heard conflicting information, and I want to ensure a smooth application. Are there any tips or experiences you can share? ✨

5/ Specifically, I'm curious if the academic probation period could pose an issue or if changing colleges itself could affect the PGWP application timeline. Any guidance is much apprciated
6/ Quick follow-up question: when applying for PGWP with a change of colleges, do I need to submit transcripts from both the initial degree and the diploma program, considering the academic probation in between?

7/ I want to make sure I provide all necessary documentation and avoid any hiccups in the application process. Any insights or advice on this matter would be immensely helpful!

#PGWP #StudyInCanada #DocumentationQueries #InternationalStudents