+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit

Ron9999

Aug 17, 2019
hi guys i have just completed my post graduate certificate and i have a job offer for me for full time but someone told me I cannot work until i apply for work permit. Other person told me i can work part time until i get letter from college that i completed my education and once i get that letter I cannot work until I apply work permit. So my question is when should i stop my work and when i can work full time. As per the CIC they told once I am not enroll in college I cannot work but whats the definition of not enrolled. Is it last date of my college or is it once got my marks updated or once i got grad letter??

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
hi guys i have just completed my post graduate certificate and i have a job offer for me for full time but someone told me I cannot work until i apply for work permit. Other person told me i can work part time until i get letter from college that i completed my education and once i get that letter I cannot work until I apply work permit. So my question is when should i stop my work and when i can work full time. As per the CIC they told once I am not enroll in college I cannot work but whats the definition of not enrolled. Is it last date of my college or is it once got my marks updated or once i got grad letter??

Work authorization after submitting a post-graduation work permit application
Per paragraph R186(w), graduates who apply for a work permit, such as a post-graduation work permit, before the expiry of their study permit are eligible to work full time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application if all of the following apply:

• They are or were the holders of a valid study permit at the time of the post-graduation work permit application.
  • They have completed their program of study.
  • They met the requirements for working off campus without a work permit under paragraph R186(v) (that is, they were a full-time student enrolled at a DLI in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program of at least 6 months in duration that led to a degree, diploma or certificate).
  • They did not exceed the allowable hours of work under paragraph R186(v).
Applicants must stop working as soon as they are notified by IRCC (for example, via their MyAccount, by email or by mailed letter) that their application for a work permit is refused.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html#authorization

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Thank you sir , however still i cannot find answer for my question about when to stop working and when to start
As someone said above, you have to have applied for a work permit before your studies finished to be able to work already while your permit is in process. Once your program stops, you have to stop working, unless you have applied. If you are done with school right now and have not applied for a permit and do not currently have a permit, you cannot work.

Ron9999

Aug 17, 2019
As someone said above, you have to have applied for a work permit before your studies finished to be able to work already while your permit is in process. Once your program stops, you have to stop working, unless you have applied. If you are done with school right now and have not applied for a permit and do not currently have a permit, you cannot work.
Ok sir thank you, i got my answer really appreciate that