+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Issues with implied status and TRV

sdub

Jan 11, 2016
I am an international student. Just finished my 4 year bachelors degree and applied for a PGWP. Currently am on implied status and waiting for a decision which will take about 2 months. I just need to know if I need to wait till I get my permit to apply for a new TRV or if I can simply restore my TRV status while waiting.

Also, after reading a couple threads on here, i'm a little worried. For the PGWP university letter, I got one from the head registrar that said I completed all the requirements for my bachelors degree in business management and maintained full-time status throughout my 4 years. Is that good enough? Some threads on here say that CIC actually requires your transcript. I didn't send that in because no where did it say they required a transcript. Should I be worried?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sdub said:
I am an international student. Just finished my 4 year bachelors degree and applied for a PGWP. Currently am on implied status and waiting for a decision which will take about 2 months. I just need to know if I need to wait till I get my permit to apply for a new TRV or if I can simply restore my TRV status while waiting.

Also, after reading a couple threads on here, i'm a little worried. For the PGWP university letter, I got one from the head registrar that said I completed all the requirements for my bachelors degree in business management and maintained full-time status throughout my 4 years. Is that good enough? Some threads on here say that CIC actually requires your transcript. I didn't send that in because no where did it say they required a transcript. Should I be worried?

1. You will have to wait. You can't apply for a TRV without a valid PGWP (or any permit).
2. It should be enough. Transcripts are optional.