+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit issue - what if we changed our program in study permit and cic has your previous while you apply for pgwp

Bhawna_123

Oct 20, 2018
Hi all,

Hope you all are well

What if someone has extended his study visa earlier with the another program in Canada and shifted into another program in the same college. There is difference in the program duration and program credential too. So will this affect student's post graduate work permit application as CIC has his data of previous program.

Kindly update.

Thanks.

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hi all,

Hope you all are well

What if someone has extended his study visa earlier with the another program in Canada and shifted into another program in the same college. There is difference in the program duration and program credential too. So will this affect student's post graduate work permit application as CIC has his data of previous program.

Kindly update.

Thanks.
I have applied for my PGWP since 1 feb 2020 but havent heard anything yet, i even changed my college and program with extension of study permit

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

did you update cic about this when you changed your program.
I had my first study permit in quebec and i got problem with there and i met with Immigration officer in montreal and told him that i want to change my college out of quebec, he asked me to show proof with college letter and i should apply for new study permit as well, so thats what i did and than when i went to Algonquin college Ottawa, i went to general arts and science studied one semester but after studying that one semester , i changed to different course and completed that course within 2 years duration as full time

madanipyla

May 29, 2020
I had my first study permit in quebec and i got problem with there and i met with Immigration officer in montreal and told him that i want to change my college out of quebec, he asked me to show proof with college letter and i should apply for new study permit as well, so thats what i did and than when i went to Algonquin college Ottawa, i went to general arts and science studied one semester but after studying that one semester , i changed to different course and completed that course within 2 years duration as full time
let us know when u get the application approved?

subhshiv1086

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone hope you are doing well,I don’t know if this is relevant to ask here in this forum but I thought to give a shot here in getting answers,I am an international student studying and as we all know that being student we can only work for 20 hours a week!
My question to you all is -although I am willing to work for less than or equal to 20 hours;what if employer is giving two weeks of full time paid training how will that impact me and my status as student and will I face issues when I apply for PGWP?

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello everyone hope you are doing well,I don’t know if this is relevant to ask here in this forum but I thought to give a shot here in getting answers,I am an international student studying and as we all know that being student we can only work for 20 hours a week!
My question to you all is -although I am willing to work for less than or equal to 20 hours;what if employer is giving two weeks of full time paid training how will that impact me and my status as student and will I face issues when I apply for PGWP?
In summer you are allowed to work full time if you are not studying full time in that term, and besides the total hours are taken at end of year to see if student work more than hours required, thats what i all know

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
No, biometrics are pending. In canada due to current situation people are unable to give their biometrics i guess.
Yeah i know but i think they going to open it soon whoever required but i dont think so that would be issue for you application delay when canada is under covid 19 situation.