Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013
Hi, I just got off the phone with the CIC caller centre agent. They said I can get extension for my post graduate work permit. Because I am entitled for 3 years of PGWP and they only issue me for 2 years until the date my passport expired.

my question is, the agent said I just have to apply it only as the same way when I applied for my PGWP with a renewed passport, the thing is I don't have the confirmation letter from my institution any more cuze I have graduated for year already. they required to send the application within 90 days after you get your letter.

"You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program."

does anyone have any experience of doing this? please help.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Attach same letter to your application. Original PGWP should show you are eligible for 3 years. Extension with new passport.

Calainp

Star Member
Dec 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seventeen5552 said:
Hi, I just got off the phone with the CIC caller centre agent. They said I can get extension for my post graduate work permit. Because I am entitled for 3 years of PGWP and they only issue me for 2 years until the date my passport expired.

my question is, the agent said I just have to apply it only as the same way when I applied for my PGWP with a renewed passport, the thing is I don't have the confirmation letter from my institution any more cuze I have graduated for year already. they required to send the application within 90 days after you get your letter.

"You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program."

does anyone have any experience of doing this? please help.

Apply as it is.. I also did the same and attach other additional docs... job letter, pay slip,bank statement, transcript/degree... mention in the reason section about the validity of ur passport

ish1313

Feb 4, 2015
I am really in confusion, what to do , i studied in sheridan college for 8 months then i studied in GAS course in Niagara college and the Niagara college gave me 2 years diploma but cic only issued me 18 months visa out of which only 8 months are left with me , please guide me , what can i do now, some one told me that he can get my open work permit extended 18 more months, is that possible ?