+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-graduate work permit application- question 12

Iakurtel69

May 30, 2011
Hi,
I am applying for post-graduate work permit, and I am not sure how to respond to Q1uestion 12 on IMM 1249 form.
I have never stayed beyond the validity of my study permit, and I never had to restore my status. Does the question ask if any of my family members stayed beyond the validity of their status?
My husband David ( we got married Feb 17, 2011) was applying for extension of his work permit in 2010. We were not married then. He had to restore his temporary resident status, because when he applied for work permit extension he did not have a labour market opinion - he was still waiting to receive it. It took him 6 months to get his labour market opinion form, from the time his employer applied for it. David then applied again to restore his status, and he was granted a new work permit.
Do I have to mention all that in question 12, even though at that time he was not my husband, and we still have not lived together in Canada for more than one year to be considered common low partners?
thank you

FannyDufour

May 16, 2011
Hi,
I found lots of answers on a local BC website, Naybe it can be helpful for you too :)
2vancouverbc.com/relocation/immigration/permanent-residence/canadian-experience-class.htm?subnav=subnav-immigration
Cheers,
Fanny

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Iakurtel69 said:
Hi,
I am applying for post-graduate work permit, and I am not sure how to respond to Q1uestion 12 on IMM 1249 form.
I have never stayed beyond the validity of my study permit, and I never had to restore my status. Does the question ask if any of my family members stayed beyond the validity of their status?
My husband David ( we got married Feb 17, 2011) was applying for extension of his work permit in 2010. We were not married then. He had to restore his temporary resident status, because when he applied for work permit extension he did not have a labour market opinion - he was still waiting to receive it. It took him 6 months to get his labour market opinion form, from the time his employer applied for it. David then applied again to restore his status, and he was granted a new work permit.
Do I have to mention all that in question 12, even though at that time he was not my husband, and we still have not lived together in Canada for more than one year to be considered common low partners?
thank you
The answer is yes, your now spouse did even though he wasn't your spouse then.