+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post graduate diploma in saskapolytechnic or Master of applied computer sceine in StFX university novascotia

gkhedekar

Jan 22, 2020
hello Respected members,
I have completed my bachelor degree in computer engineering India in 2012. I was working as senior Software developer since (8 years) then and now I have received LOA from Saska poly for PG Diploma of Technology Management and SW development and I have a deadline of one day to pay fees. But i have almost reached to end for STFX as well and they just need one doc from my India UNI before they send me LOA (I am hoping, they might reject me as well after seeing all the things in one go). I have a wife and a daughter so want to take no or minimum risk. what should i do wait for UNI or pay fees in Sask? Please help. if I do not pay and Uni rejects me then I am doomed as I will loose sask and Uni both. What are the chances?

PS: Sask poly is asking for 10K as deposite so I am afraid to loose that much money

@scylla @Bishops2020 @Bluejayscardinals @Prabh1423 @MSCS21

gkhedekar

Jan 22, 2020
hello Respected members,
I have completed my bachelor degree in computer engineering India in 2012. I was working as senior Software developer since (8 years) then and now I have received LOA from Saska poly for PG Diploma of Technology Management and SW development and I have a deadline of one day to pay fees. But i have almost reached to end for STFX as well and they just need one doc from my India UNI before they send me LOA (I am hoping, they might reject me as well after seeing all the things in one go). I have a wife and a daughter so want to take no or minimum risk. what should i do wait for UNI or pay fees in Sask? Please help. if I do not pay and Uni rejects me then I am doomed as I will loose sask and Uni both. What are the chances?

PS: Sask poly is asking for 10K as deposite so I am afraid to loose that much money

@scylla @Bishops2020 @Bluejayscardinals @Prabh1423 @MSCS21
@scylla @Bishopsunny02 @Bluejayscardinals @Prabh1423

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It always better to pursue a Masters at a public university then a diploma at a poly tech...just my opinion. Getting approval will depend on your profile. Are you planning on bringing your family with you or apply on your own?

gkhedekar

Jan 22, 2020
it's your call to make.
I am not sure how established and well known is St. Francis Xavier University but it's always better to choose a university over some diploma college for maximum approval rate of the study permit. This is my understanding

@scylla @Naturgrl @cansha shed some suggestions pals.
Thanks a lot. That helps a lot. I was also thinking on same line but seeing your answer gives me light and confidence.

gkhedekar

Jan 22, 2020
It always better to pursue a Masters at a public university then a diploma at a poly tech...just my opinion. Getting approval will depend on your profile. Are you planning on bringing your family with you or apply on your own?
yes, I am planning to bring my family. I am a Software developer with 8 year exp. I have wife and a daughter of 3 years whom I am thinking to call once I am settled in. Why you ask Sir/Mam? Is there anything that I should keep in my mind? I appreciate a lot your anwer sir

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes, I am planning to bring my family. I am a Software developer with 8 year exp. I have wife and a daughter of 3 years whom I am thinking to call once I am settled in. Why you ask Sir/Mam? Is there anything that I should keep in my mind? I appreciate a lot your anwer sir
Because if you are bringing your family then a) you need to show funds to support their stay and b) this weakens your ties to home country. So you need to show more funds and other ways to improve ties.

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
In some cases the study permit application may get rejected pointing out that having the whole family as dependents is not favorable financially considering the country of citizenship. Else to convince the visa officer to get it approved the applicant will have to show great amount of savings / fixed deposits. this is done to avoid the rejection reason when there's accompanying family.
We have also seen a family of 4-5 who got a study permit approved where the applicant is doing the third masters with over a decade of work experience.
There are many rejection reasons, do a research on the rejection reasons of ircc and how to overcome it. Evidences support the application.
To show ties, you should establish and give evidence that you been living in your country of citizenship for many years, the properties you and your spouse own both solo and jointly, then any liquid funds. A lawyer's affidavit will be enough to show the ties.
Let me ask someone, if they are willing to help you out in some sort i'll let you know via direct message feature of the forum.
Thanks a lot. That helps a lot. I was also thinking on same line but seeing your answer gives me light and confidence.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Because if you are bringing your family then a) you need to show funds to support their stay and b) this weakens your ties to home country. So you need to show more funds and other ways to improve ties.
Completely agree with @Naturgrl. You stand a better chance going for a university degree than a PG Diploma, given your years of experience. You can bring your family with you (in fact, I recommend you apply together with them from the onset) provided you show enough funds to cover all your expenses. Also make sure you prove solidly that you have something to go back home to after completing your degree.

I came to Canada with my family (6 of us) last year on a study permit (Masters in Computer science). I already studied M.IT and an MBA so had to show why I needed this additional masters degree and how my chosen specialization will help with my future career plans.

Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a much better chance of your wife and child being approved to accompany you with a masters degree. You also have a better chance of getting your study permit approved with a masters degree. Doesn’t make much sense to come to Canada and spend all that money for a diploma especially when you already have a good career as a senior software engineer. You can justify leaving a career to do a masters degree.