+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Grad Work permit extension-delay Leon, PMM and others please clarify

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
Hello,
I am eligible for a three year post grad work permit. However I was issued for only 1 1/2 yrs until the validity of my old passport.
I applied for its extension this 28 th sep 2009 with a new passport for the remainder period. Its been too long and I donno whether I sent it to the right place.
I sent it to Vegreville Unit 202.
Unit 202 is for extensions, however post grad work permit extension is not explicitly mentioned there. Unit 555 is only for a new post grad work permit or for a work permit under a new employer. is there any other address that i am unaware of?
Its been a very long wait. What should I do now?

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
i called the CIC call centre and they did confirm since it is for an extension, i did send it to the right office. that is unit 202.
and the waiting timeline is 86 days. things changed a lot. this is my 5th permit (though for different reasons spread over the last 2 1/2 yrs ) that i have applied which is taking more than 2 weeks.
so if the permit is new, then unit 555. if an extension unit 202...I hope this info would be of help to others. thanks PMM for clarifying abt this elsewhere in the forum too.