+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Grad Work Permit and extending spouse's stay as Visitor?????

monhappy

Nov 11, 2011
Hi there,
I've just got my PGWP for 2years. My wife is staying with me for past 6months having visitor status of 8months. I applied for her work permit along with my PGWP application, but she was refused :(
Now before her visa expire, how can I apply to extend it? I mean, will it be extended according to CIC rule? (They should extend since her husband has a valid work permit)
I can show financial support for her stay in Canada. And recently I got a job as a Public Mobile retail sales associate.
Please advise me how can I keep my wife with me............................ I can't live here for a single day without her......

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

monhappy said:
Hi there,
I've just got my PGWP for 2years. My wife is staying with me for past 6months having visitor status of 8months. I applied for her work permit along with my PGWP application, but she was refused :(
Now before her visa expire, how can I apply to extend it? I mean, will it be extended according to CIC rule? (They should extend since her husband has a valid work permit)
I can show financial support for her stay in Canada. And recently I got a job as a Public Mobile retail sales associate.
Please advise me how can I keep my wife with me............................ I can't live here for a single day without her......
She applies for an extension of her visitor status and includes a copy of your PGWP. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

monhappy

Nov 11, 2011
thanks PMM.
Could you please tell me they will extend her visitor status on the basis of my PGWP?
I checked the CIC there is not enough information.
OR, I appeal for the refusal of her work-permit? if can what documents I need to show them?
OR, if I applied again for her work-permit showing my PGWP, will they give her a work-permit?
And for either case, how much money support I'll have to provide with the appeal/application??

Thanks for your help............