+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible misrepresentations for spousal sponsorship?

Oct 4, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’m currently preparing to sponsor my fiancé under the common law class but have a few questions :

we have been living together for years but some of my old tax slips have my old address that I used to reside at alone.

I had also forgotten to update my address with CRA for two years so two tax returns also have this old address.

I had also made a mistake with two of my addresses when applying to renew my pr card last year. However, I had sent a web form with the correct info

will these issues cause any problem with the sponsorship application?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Hi everyone,

I’m currently preparing to sponsor my fiancé under the common law class but have a few questions :

we have been living together for years but some of my old tax slips have my old address that I used to reside at alone.

I had also forgotten to update my address with CRA for two years so two tax returns also have this old address.

I had also made a mistake with two of my addresses when applying to renew my pr card last year. However, I had sent a web form with the correct info

will these issues cause any problem with the sponsorship application?
Write a short explanation to accompany the documents with the mistakes/issues. These seem pretty minor to me.