+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Misrepresentation?

spicytunaroll

Jun 1, 2023
Hi all,

I just wanted to seek advice on my situation. For background information, I am currently pursuing my PhD in Canada under a valid study permit.

When I submitted my study permit application, I included verification letters from my previous employment. Just now, I realized that one employment verification letter contains wrong date- HR made a mistake on my 'end date of employment' by six months. This can be easily addressed by requesting an updated verification.

However, the issue lies with my current EE profile. I have been using the profile with the incorrect end date of my employment. If I change and update the profile now, I would barely make it to the 'within three-year mark' under the healthcare-targeted draw and be able to receive an ITA if there is another round for healthcare NOC. At the same time, I am worried that this might not look legitimate- despite explaining this in a letter and getting a new verification letter from the HR and an additional letter from my previous direct supervisor, there would be a discrepancy between my previous approved study permit and my current EE profile upon receiving ITA. I wanted to seek your advice on whether I should move forward with this update or just let it slip. FYI, my CRS wouldn’t be affected by doing this.

Thanks in advance