puladiao

Jun 5, 2018
About my application:

1. AOR: 2019, Dec
  2. GCMS Note:
    1. All passed
    2. Security Blank
    3. No Final Decision yet
  3. Medical: Changed from passed to no action needed, expect to receive redo medical or automatic extension
  4. VO: ottawa
  5. Country of Residence: China
My Original Plan:

Go to canada this year, me find a job, my wife go to college and meanwhile having our first baby in Canada.
Unfortunately, No PPR, cannot go.

My New Plan:

Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, it is difficult for our parents to get both passport and a visitor visa to go to Canada. We want to have a baby in our country of residence (china) because we'd like our parents to be around when the baby is born.

Meanwhile I don't think it is a good idea for a pregnant woman to travel by air to Canada.

Making a plan during the pandemic is really difficult because of all the uncertainties.

Need Your Suggestion:

how should I do to postpone my application so that I can both have my baby born in China without jeopordizing my EE application?

Can I voluntarily suspend my application?
Can I suspend re medical until my baby is ready to fly which is at least 2 years from now?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
About my application:

1. AOR: 2019, Dec
  2. GCMS Note:
    1. All passed
    2. Security Blank
    3. No Final Decision yet
  3. Medical: Changed from passed to no action needed, expect to receive redo medical or automatic extension
  4. VO: ottawa
  5. Country of Residence: China
My Original Plan:

Go to canada this year, me find a job, my wife go to college and meanwhile having our first baby in Canada.
Unfortunately, No PPR, cannot go.

My New Plan:

Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, it is difficult for our parents to get both passport and a visitor visa to go to Canada. We want to have a baby in our country of residence (china) because we'd like our parents to be around when the baby is born.

Meanwhile I don't think it is a good idea for a pregnant woman to travel by air to Canada.

Making a plan during the pandemic is really difficult because of all the uncertainties.

Need Your Suggestion:

how should I do to postpone my application so that I can both have my baby born in China without jeopordizing my EE application?

Can I voluntarily suspend my application?
Can I suspend re medical until my baby is ready to fly which is at least 2 years from now?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you
As of now, even if you get a PPR, you can postpone your travel because of two reasons, the first being the pandemic and the second your wife being pregnant. IRCC has not declared any deadline by when a person, whose application has been approved, needs to travel to Canada. A lot of people with approved application are waiting for further instructions and it's gonna take a while to streamline this. Your best bet would be to wait till you hear from IRCC and then decide on the next step, based on when you hear from them.

puladiao

Jun 5, 2018
As of now, even if you get a PPR, you can postpone your travel because of two reasons, the first being the pandemic and the second your wife being pregnant. IRCC has not declared any deadline by when a person, whose application has been approved, needs to travel to Canada. A lot of people with approved application are waiting for further instructions and it's gonna take a while to streamline this. Your best bet would be to wait till you hear from IRCC and then decide on the next step, based on when you hear from them.
Thank you for your help.

For now my wift is not pregnant, we are just planning. Does pregnancy play a role in postponing an application?