+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of a skilled worker with enough money

wheathk

Feb 1, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am now in Hong Kong and working as a 2175 Web Developer. I know that only 38 occupations in the list of CIC are eligible to apply for a skilled worker immigration program. I just want to know, providing that I have CAN$800,000 obtained legally, is it still possible for me to immigrate to Canada in Investor program? Up to now, I didn't have any business experience and I don't think I will get it within 4-6 years.
Will those 38 occupations change in the futures? If yes, do you guys think that it will include 2175 in the future? I guess 2175 is over-supplied globally and I am now living in a communist world :'(
Really thanks for the information.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I will say that if you don't have any business experience, better don't try your luck in a new place. You have to throw money to get money in business, for which always need a very good experience.

For your 2nd question : Can any one exactly predict about the future?.

wheathk said:
Hi everyone,

I am now in Hong Kong and working as a 2175 Web Developer. I know that only 38 occupations in the list of CIC are eligible to apply for a skilled worker immigration program. I just want to know, providing that I have CAN$800,000 obtained legally, is it still possible for me to immigrate to Canada in Investor program? Up to now, I didn't have any business experience and I don't think I will get it within 4-6 years.
Will those 38 occupations change in the futures? If yes, do you guys think that it will include 2175 in the future? I guess 2175 is over-supplied globally and I am now living in a communist world :'(

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
wheathk said:
Hi everyone,

You can still apply under the FSW category, it just means you must have an approved AEO along with your FSW application. If you have more questions about it, feel free to private message me.

wheathk

Feb 1, 2010
thank very much for all of the replies...

I know that throwing money and getting money back is risky...that's why I said I would not able to get any business experience easily.

In conclusion, what I can do is find a related job in Canada (if possible) or wait until there are amendment on the lists of 38 occupations...

wheathk

Feb 1, 2010
Hello again everybody,

I forget one thing...recently, there is an announcement that there will be a working holiday arrangement between Hong Kong and Canada. (I cannot post link for the details)
Do you guys think it is a good idea to join it to achieve a higher probability (I will lose 2175 job title) to become PR status (in any way, like skilled worker, Canadian experience class)? I cannot find clear details about the Visa status of "Working Holiday Visa" in Canada Consulate.
I only know that I need to be employed by a Canada employer and he/she is willing to write something to HRDC in order to help me to become PR status. And the time in Canada before having PR status can be counted 50% when applying for citizenship.
Anyone know any case about Working Holiday?
Thanks.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
You said that you are a web developer. You can apply for a FSW category 3! All you need to do is apply for a working holiday visa and live/work in Canada for 1 year, then you are elegible to apply for FSW (PR).