+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police verification report from Uruguay

kalamkm

Jun 4, 2012
Hello Everyone

I'm applying for Canada PR under CEC.

I need your expert advice regarding police verification certificates.

I've got PCC from my home country. I was in Uruguay(on Business Visa) for 8 months.
I contacted Uruguay Embassy for police clearance certificate, but as per the rules they need "cedula identidad" to initiate police verification process.

"cedula identidad" is an Identity document, which is not issued for anyone on Business Visa.

I dont have "cedula identidad" document and not sure how I can proceed with my PR application.

Will it be any issue if I apply for PR without the police certificate from Uruguay.

Thanks
Kalamkm

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kalamkm said:
I was in Uruguay(on Business Visa) for 8 months.
I contacted Uruguay Embassy for police clearance certificate, but as per the rules they need "cedula identidad" to initiate police verification process.

"cedula identidad" is an Identity document, which is not issued for anyone on Business Visa.

I dont have "cedula identidad" document and not sure how I can proceed with my PR application.

Will it be any issue if I apply for PR without the police certificate from Uruguay.
For what it's worth, the information on the US Dept of State website agrees with you, at least the part about not being able to get one without an identity card:

Non-Uruguayan former residents of Uruguay may obtain good conduct certificates only if they have an identity card that was issued to them while they were residing in the country.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9640

It would be best if you could get the information in writing from the Uruguay Embassy, but - if you can't get a PCC, you need to supply a written explanation, and supporting documentation if available. Include photocopies of your visa and entry/exit stamps in your passport.

canadaprsou

Feb 21, 2013
I am having exactly same scenario as that of yours. I stayed in Uruguay for 9 months on business Visa. Now I dont know what to do in order to get a PCC from Uruguay? If you have got any information, kindly advise so that I can explore the same path. Please advise.

canadaprsou

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/uruguay.asp

And read the post above yours...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you could also write to the Uruguay consulate and ask... at least you would get the response in writing.

http://embassyofuruguay.ca/

canadaprsou

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the info, Lets see how it goes. If I dont get any PCC from Uruguay, I'll try to get a written doc from the consulate stating that it cant be given to me unless an id card has been issued to me during my stay in Uruguay. Hope this will suffice?

Thanks again for your replies.

kalamkm

Jun 4, 2012
You can call Uruguay embassy in Ottawa.
They will send you a letter, stating that it's not possible to get PCC without Uruguay National ID, which is not issued for anyone on Business Visa.

They will ask for Visa, passport, entry/exit stamps, pay slips copies, which you received during ur stay in Uruguay.

DON'T CALL TORONTO OFFICE, they wont help you. I was trying with Toronto office for 3 months. I got the letter from Ottawa office in 1 hour.

I included that letter and filed my application.

Hope this helps....
canadaprsou said:
Thanks for the info, Lets see how it goes. If I dont get any PCC from Uruguay, I'll try to get a written doc from the consulate stating that it cant be given to me unless an id card has been issued to me during my stay in Uruguay. Hope this will suffice?

Thanks again for your replies.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
great info, kalamkm.

canadaprsou

Feb 21, 2013
Thank You kalamkm.

I have called Uruguayn embassy at Ottawa. They told me to contact toronto Office as you are from toronto :(

I have mailed Uruguayn toronto consulte. Keeping my fingers crossed to get a reply from them. I will keep you posted.

Archanadhruv

Feb 21, 2014
Hi

Could you please help me with details(Letter format, email address etc..) for the Uruguay PCC.
appreciate your early response.

Regards
vivek

MASJAF

Oct 16, 2018
Hi, Were anyone able to get PR without Uruguay PCC, I am in the same situation, i do not have Cedula, have to give LOE with my PR application. Any help on this regard is highly appreciated.