+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Record - Citizenship application

Jun 20, 2017
Hello All,
I have submitted my application on October and received AOR.
After AOR I was requested to submit missing document which is a police record for 350 days spent outside of Canada in Saudi Arabia during the past 5 years. I currently do not have legal residence status in Saudi Arabia.
Before applying application, when I checked the IRCC website they had stated the following:
If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

This is what I wrote in my application, but I still got a request back, I sent an email back replying that as per the website I cannot provide a police certificate. I have not heard back and I am not sure what to do.

Has anyone been through this before?

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Hello All,
I have submitted my application on October and received AOR.
After AOR I was requested to submit missing document which is a police record for 350 days spent outside of Canada in Saudi Arabia during the past 5 years. I currently do not have legal residence status in Saudi Arabia.
Before applying application, when I checked the IRCC website they had stated the following:
If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

This is what I wrote in my application, but I still got a request back, I sent an email back replying that as per the website I cannot provide a police certificate. I have not heard back and I am not sure what to do.

Has anyone been through this before?
Hi..@Yasmin Aladdin,

I am also in the same situation and submitted a covering letter thru webform explaining that a police clearance certificate is not required for non-citizens who does not have legal residence status and not residing in Saudi Arabia. Moreover, I received the acknowledgement receipt of the document by IRCC but the status tracker is still showing send us additional information "waiting on you" status for about two months now.

So, could you kindly share your experience with what supporting documents you supplied to overcome the police clearance certificate from Saudi Arabia and whether it got accepted by IRCC without any more documents? Also, did you successfully completed all the steps of citizenship process such as Background check, prohibition, oath, etc.

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Hi @SAU443 @Yasmin Aladdin
Were you able to resolve your situation explained above? I am in the same situation now, and would appreciate your guidance...
Hi @know_how, you just need to provide covering letter to IRCC explaining the situation and also give the screenshot of the IRCC website about the exemption of the Saudi police report for non residence. It should be fine. Good luck

SRKRS

Jan 23, 2017
I am dealing with the same issue. I got a request to send Police Clearance for Saudi Arabia. I sent a letter explaining that I am no longer a resident and cannot obtain a Police Clearance certificate. Hoping our applications don't go through extra scrutiny.