+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CLEARENCE CERTIFICATE (links and Instructions)

mrs.aa

Mar 7, 2009
Dear All

Indeed the below mentioned links will be helpful for those who need more information on Police Clearence Certificate.PCC form India and UK is all I wanted.

If you know more , please feel free to post more links to more countries, it would be very useful for those beginers like me.

INDIA:

1. Locate the website of your "eligible" Indian Embassy or contact the Embassy for the form named "APPLICATION FOR MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES", which would be used for multi purpose, such as Name Change, Change of address & other miscellaneous services on the passport, Birth/Death/Marriage Certificate and Police Clearance Certificate to mention a few.
2. Fill up the form, fill only where it is required.
3. Do not fail to include your original passport along with the copies of all the pages of the passport, travelling visa documents (H1 or B1).
4. Enclose Money Order for the amount mentioned in the form (from USA, I enclosed $20 for normal service, if you wanted to have a faster service, call them and ask how much money you needed to attach for Expedited services along with the Speed Post charges)
5.. Write a letter indicating your name, address and the purpose of requesting the Police Clearance Certificate (Here mention that it is for Canadian Immigration). DO NOT FORGET THIS. They will provide PCC only for a particular reason.
6. Send it to the Indian Embassy and for normal process it should take 4-6 weeks and Expedited Process it may take lesser than one week. But always keep calling them and talk to them politely, they can help you in getting things faster.

Instructions : http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=189
Form: http://www.indiacgny.org/documents/1...49_content..pdf

UNITED KINGDOM:

For Instruction and form: http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

USA:

FBI:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

US States:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/Detroit/offices-bureaux/certificates-certificat.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=332&menu=L

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
While I was looking on older threads, seems like many people are getting PCC directly from India and not from consulate. Does anyone know that we have to get it from indian consulate or we can get it from India also.

The reason I am asking is that I would love to get it from India if I can. Indian consulate in DC sucks. They keep the original passport and send documents and passport back in mail. I would like to avoid that if I can. Also, they do not have any time frame about how long it will take. I was looking reviews of this embassy and it sucks big time. If someone can check with their lawyer whether it is ok to get it directly from India, that will be great help.

Fay

Dec 10, 2009
Hi

One of the condition for applying PCC from Indian Consulate is mention below,

Photocopy of Green card/Employment Authorization Card or valid visa page from passport and Supporting documents relating to the purpose for obtaining the P.C.C.

1) I will send photocopy of my passport but visa is not valid, but I have valid I797
will that be fine ?
2)What supporting Documents relating to the purpose for obtaining the P.C.C.. I
need to summit?

I AM WAITING FOR NOMINATION but please clear this questions as I want to apply now and save few weeks or month before I get my nomination

I applied in first week of April, so expecting nomination by January, So Please tell me if i am doing right by preparing all this documents before hand?

THANKS

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I am in the same boat as you, I can get it in a week from India instead of 4-6 weeks from the consulate.

My law firm says that CIC changed the rule last month (but, I don't see it anywhere), and they would not take PCC from any state / city like Mumbai etc. as it should be from the Indian Consulate due to all the security reasons.

Not sure, how far it is true.

PaToAb said:
While I was looking on older threads, seems like many people are getting PCC directly from India and not from consulate. Does anyone know that we have to get it from indian consulate or we can get it from India also.

The reason I am asking is that I would love to get it from India if I can. Indian consulate in DC sucks. They keep the original passport and send documents and passport back in mail. I would like to avoid that if I can. Also, they do not have any time frame about how long it will take. I was looking reviews of this embassy and it sucks big time. If someone can check with their lawyer whether it is ok to get it directly from India, that will be great help.