+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate dilemma.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
So I need to get PCC from three countries: France, Netherlands and UK. I live in India and all of these countries send their PCCs through normal post. From my experience, normal post from overseas often get lost in India or get severely delayed. That being said, my brother in lives in the UK so I was wondering if I can put his address for all my PCCs. This is because normal post from Europe would arrive much faster in the UK than India

The problem is that all three countries mentioned here print out the address of the applicant on the actual PCC itself. How can I prove to IRCC that I actually gave off my brother's address due to post issues. I certainly don't want them to think that I have visited Europe or the UK again. Will a simple letter of explanation stating the reasons why I gave my brother's address suffice? I know someone in India whos Dutch PCC got lost as it was sent through normal post so I don't want to experience the same issue.

Sorry if it sounds like a silly question but I am doing this whole thing myself. Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
So I need to get PCC from three countries: France, Netherlands and UK. I live in India and all of these countries send their PCCs through normal post. From my experience, normal post from overseas often get lost in India or get severely delayed. That being said, my brother in lives in the UK so I was wondering if I can put his address for all my PCCs. This is because normal post from Europe would arrive much faster in the UK than India

The problem is that all three countries mentioned here print out the address of the applicant on the actual PCC itself. How can I prove to IRCC that I actually gave off my brother's address due to post issues. I certainly don't want them to think that I have visited Europe or the UK again. Will a simple letter of explanation stating the reasons why I gave my brother's address suffice? I know someone in India whos Dutch PCC got lost as it was sent through normal post so I don't want to experience the same issue.

Sorry if it sounds like a silly question but I am doing this whole thing myself. Thanks in advance for all your replies.
I think it would be fine until and unlesss it reflects your status on the PCCs. I think if you look closely in UK website there is an option to chose a person to represent you( not sure but I thought I had seen it somewhere).

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
I think it would be fine until and unlesss it reflects your status on the PCCs. I think if you look closely in UK website there is an option to chose a person to represent you( not sure but I thought I had seen it somewhere).
That sounds interesting; I didn't see it! I guess a general letter of explanation would suffice for IRCC? I certainly don't want them to think that I have visited the UK again.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
That sounds interesting; I didn't see it! I guess a general letter of explanation would suffice for IRCC? I certainly don't want them to think that I have visited the UK again.
On the mailing thing it can be any address since the second page with your pic will show your current adress and applicant details. Worked fine for me.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
On the mailing thing it can be any address since the second page with your pic will show your current adress and applicant details. Worked fine for me.
Oh okay cool. I will see what can be done with the Dutch and French police clearance certificates now. :D