+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate confusion

rojmalla

Feb 13, 2015
Normally Police Clearance Certificate have 3 month validity, its written over there as well clearly but for those who never again visit that country after the time, its means there is no possibility to do crime in that country again so do we need to reapply for Police Clearance Certificate for same country after 3 month.
i mean is it expire after 3 month?
please share your idea....

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in the same boat, I already have two police certificates issued in October 2014 from two different countries where I lived for longer than six months before I came to Canada that I haven't even visited again and have no plans on visiting again in the short term future. But apparently for EE/ITA purposes these are now expired and I will have to redo my police certificate application for these two countries. CIC will have a breakdown of all the cities and countries where I've lived and what I've done there since I was 18 years old (that was a requirement for CEC pre-EE) so they will obviously know I haven't been to these countries again but they still have that rule requiring police certificates be no more than 3 months old. Isn't that retarded? Oh well... I'm in the process of applying for them again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rojmalla said:
Normally Police Clearance Certificate have 3 month validity, its written over there as well clearly but for those who never again visit that country after the time, its means there is no possibility to do crime in that country again so do we need to reapply for Police Clearance Certificate for same country after 3 month.
i mean is it expire after 3 month?
please share your idea....
1. CIC is not going to check every passport to ensure that you haven't returned. Especially in the EU where there are no border controls.

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hi,

I have been living in Canada for 4 years and have been back to my home country. Do I still need a police certificate?

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
pixelfrontier said:
I'm in the same boat, I already have two police certificates issued in October 2014 from two different countries where I lived for longer than six months before I came to Canada that I haven't even visited again and have no plans on visiting again in the short term future. But apparently for EE/ITA purposes these are now expired and I will have to redo my police certificate application for these two countries. CIC will have a breakdown of all the cities and countries where I've lived and what I've done there since I was 18 years old (that was a requirement for CEC pre-EE) so they will obviously know I haven't been to these countries again but they still have that rule requiring police certificates be no more than 3 months old. Isn't that retarded? Oh well... I'm in the process of applying for them again.
Please check the new pcc rules. They just want a pcc from a country after you left the last time. Thus it implies that your pcc are valid. No need to reapply again. For the country where you currently live in....the pcc needs to be less than 6 months.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
zara1986 said:
Hi,

I have been living in Canada for 4 years and have been back to my home country. Do I still need a police certificate?
We're you were raised and lived in your home country for more than 6 months....then you need to provide pcc of your home country. For current one, rcmp needs to be less than 6 months old.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
zara1986 said:
Sorry I meant I have not been back to my home country. I still need a pcc?
We're you raised in your home country for 6 months or more at any time, then you need to provide pcc from your home country. It is irrespective whether you have lived in Canada for past 4 years.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
niagary said:
We're you raised in your home country for 6 months or more at any time, then you need to provide pcc from your home country. It is irrespective whether you have lived in Canada for past 4 years.
Hi,
if you have lived in other then the home country before and after 18 and never spent 6 months or more in your home country, you don't need to provide the PCC from your home country but from the country you've lived in after the age of 18.