+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Check Requirement - contradictory information on the CIC site

mukson

Sep 7, 2016
Hi there. After reading the ITA part of CIC web site it seemed clear to me that you only need Police Certificates for countries where you spent 6 CONSECUTIVE months or more. Now after following the link to read more about police certificates, the other part of the part says that all the trips that you have done to that country sum. Which one is it then? If letter is true me and my partner are in deep trouble because we spent just over 6 months in the states over the last 4 years and it takes a long time to get your police certificate there.

follow to see: www dot cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp :
You will need to get police certificates for you and each of your family members who are over 18. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more consecutive months since the age of 18.

follow to see //www dot cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

n general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

mukson

Sep 7, 2016
FBI pcc seem to take up to 14 weeks now to process plus the fingerprinting and postage time. I have enough points to get ITA on the next draw and I have all my documents ready for that. The thing is I am in Canada and counting on getting the bridging open work permit because my current one will expire shortly after I apply. But to my understanding, you can't get BOWP until after your application is complete, is that right? If that is right it means I will be stuck here with no ability to work for months, pcc arrives. My current employer gave me an offer for next year if I get PR, I cannot work for the same employer this winter. It seems to me that I am in a lot of trouble because a simple sentence on the CIC website hasn't been updated.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
mukson said:
FBI pcc seem to take up to 14 weeks now to process plus the fingerprinting and postage time. I have enough points to get ITA on the next draw and I have all my documents ready for that. The thing is I am in Canada and counting on getting the bridging open work permit because my current one will expire shortly after I apply. But to my understanding, you can't get BOWP until after your application is complete, is that right? If that is right it means I will be stuck here with no ability to work for months, pcc arrives. My current employer gave me an offer for next year if I get PR, I cannot work for the same employer this winter. It seems to me that I am in a lot of trouble because a simple sentence on the CIC website hasn't been updated.
you just show the proof that you have applied for FBI PCC and write a LOE saying you will upload as soon as you get it. They consider it and give you extra time. But you must apply as soon as possible.