+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello friends I am applying for citizenship and as they have this requirement that if you have lived more than 183 days outside Canada you need to attach police clearance certificate (pcc) of that country too and I have spent more than 183 days in Pakistan and now I am trying to get the certificate from my country and it will take around 2 to 3 months however I need advice from you guys should I submit my application without the certificate and once I will receive the pcc I will send it to immigration or should I wait for the certificate to get it and apply after? Please advice
Thanks!

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello friends I am applying for citizenship and as they have this requirement that if you have lived more than 183 days outside Canada you need to attach police clearance certificate (pcc) of that country too and I have spent more than 183 days in Pakistan and now I am trying to get the certificate from my country and it will take around 2 to 3 months however I need advice from you guys should I submit my application without the certificate and once I will receive the pcc I will send it to immigration or should I wait for the certificate to get it and apply after? Please advice
Thanks!
Not the right place to ask, this is for family sponsorship, but I’ll help. If you are originally from Pakistan, and came to Canada directly from there, you don’t need a police certificate from there. Otherwise, if you need to send the police certificate with your application, you should wait until you have it and send everything together.