+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
Hi friends

Hopefully someone can help. We're well into our application process (application submitted and, Medical is passed, ect.). The final document requested by CIC is a Police certificate from Colombia. We received the letter from CIC and applied to the Colombia Police force (and included the letter from CIC). We received a receipt shortly after in the mail from the Colombia Police force, and a letter stating that the certificate would be mailed directly to the CIC office that we provided the adress for. As per the Colombia police force timeline, CIC should have already received the police certificate.

The problem lies in the fact that our application in MyCIC account is set at "Your action is required" and it is requesting that we upload a copy of the police certificate. I thought we would be able to upload a letter in its place, stating that the certificate will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney and include a copy of the receipt from the Colombia police, but unfortunately the online system is requesting the document number and dates from the police certificate. We're unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, issue date, and expiry date, which of course we have not and will not receive.

I'm afraid of what might happen if we upload nothing at all, but how can we upload information that we don't have? We have until June 30 to upload a document.

Anyone else experienced this with a police certificate from a country that sends directly to CIC? I will appreciate any help :)

Thanks