+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from USA

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, all. Since I am working in the USA now, I need to get Police Clearance from USA. However, as shown from FBI's website, the processing time is about 14-16 weeks like below:
"On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 14-16 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery."

Are there anybody who applied for their Police Clearances from FBI recently? Is the processing time so long as above?

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Its been 4 weeks since I applied and CC is not charged yet. I know for somebody it took 9 weeks for CC charge and took about 15 days for him to receive t, he report to a US local address. That is being sent via USPS regular untrackable mail. FBI, surprisingly, is way too old school in this.

all_the_best

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Maplemadness82 said:
Its been 4 weeks since I applied and CC is not charged yet. I know for somebody it took 9 weeks for CC charge and took about 15 days for him to receive t, he report to a US local address. That is being sent via USPS regular untrackable mail. FBI, surprisingly, is way too old school in this.
Currently they are processing requests received in mid October 2014. If you are in a hurry and dont have any other options, you can get one from local station and attach with application stating you have already applied for Federal clearance.

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
lhyyym said:
Hi, all. Since I am working in the USA now, I need to get Police Clearance from USA. However, as shown from FBI's website, the processing time is about 14-16 weeks like below:
"On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 14-16 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery."

Are there anybody who applied for their Police Clearances from FBI recently? Is the processing time so long as above?
My FBI PCC took 13 weeks! I got mine on NOvember, I applied early august, CC was charged after 7 weeks

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015
tenkrun10 said:
My FBI PCC took 13 weeks! I got mine on NOvember, I applied early august, CC was charged after 7 weeks
I had the same experience as you did. It seems they transitioned to a new system internally, hence the delay..

Bhagya123

Jan 19, 2015
lhyyym said:

Hey , I am also working in USA.. I thought we need police certificate from home country:).... Can you please explain me the process to get police certificate and the cost involved in the process .?

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015
Bhagya123 said:
Hey , I am also working in USA.. I thought we need police certificate from home country:).... Can you please explain me the process to get police certificate and the cost involved in the process .?
Bhagya123 it depends on your situation. It could be you need one from where you currently reside, from your home country or even both - from the CIC site:

You will need to get police certificates for you and each of your family members who are over 18. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more consecutive months since the age of 18.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. If CIC requests PCC from USA and asks for 30 or 60 days to submit it, what can we do?