+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Hong Kong

myfirstquery

Sep 1, 2020
My spouse spent considerable amount of time working in Hong Kong, for the system to prompt a police certificate. But in the police certificate online tool,it clearly mentions IRCC will send a request letter ONLY post which I should approach for the certificate. I have never received the letter, do you have an ETA for the same. Also she spent an year in Japan as well working, but the system isn't prompting for a clearance certificate for the same. I raised a web form and got a vague response. Any advice here?

Below is the excerpt from IRCC site:

How to get a police certificate – Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Police certificates and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send us your application for permanent residence.
  • You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.
  • The Hong Kong Police Force will send your police certificate directly to the IRCC office at the Consulate General of Canada. You will not be required to send it separately.

mmmiii

Sep 14, 2020
Hi, according to my experience, you won't get this letter from IRCC right after ITA. When you are uploading all the required documents (including Hong Kong Police Certificate) to your CIC account, you can submit a letter of explanation (saying you have to get a letter from IRCC to apply Hong Kong Police Certificate) instead of your Hong Kong Police Certificate. Then after submitting your application, which is known as AOR, you will receive the request letter from IRCC later which could help you apply the police certificate from Hong Kong Police Force.