+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Dubai

AK4277

Sep 5, 2024
Hi I am currently helping my Japanese National GF apply for a working holiday visa.

The process was running smoothly until she was required to provide a police clearance certification from Dubai as part of her application.

She has gone through the process of creating a UAE pass account, tried applying from the UAE MOI app as well as the Dubai Police website.
But since she does not live in Dubai and was only there for a short stay as a tourist she does not have an emerites id.

Both applications for clearance certification were stopped because she doesn't have a UAE phone number.

Then she called the UAE Embassy in Tokyo to ask how to proceed. And they had told her that she is unable to get a
Police Clearance Certificate because she had only gone to Dubai as a tourist.

The next problem is Canadian immigration requires proof of being unable to get the clearance certificate but I am not sure on how to provide it as its a website error.
The Embassy also stated they are unable to provide an email stating this as they are not the ones that provides the clearance certification.
And that she should explain in her application that she was a tourist and not a resident and Canadian immigration should understand and it should be okay.

But I am not confident that without proof from a UAE entity that they will believe she was unable to register.

This needs to be submitted by 9/30/2024

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and if there is another way to complete the process, or if she really will be okay with just stating that as a tourist she is unable to get it.
It seems like the final big requirement from the application before it goes forward.

Thank you for reading

TLDR: Cant get police clearance from MOI UAE or Dubai Police, UAE embassy said you cant as a tourist and to just say that to immigration and it will be fine, but without proof from a UAE entity I am not confident.