+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police case after submitting PR application

Lost rebel

Jun 11, 2019
I submitted my application with clean PCC 3 months ago.
Recenty I got involved in an incident and I am not sure but I think police case has been lodged against me.
Will that be an issue? Can CIC find out about the police case. Because PCC is clean and in security screening they normally check for terrorist related activities.
Do I need to worry about this?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Recenty I got involved in an incident and I am not sure but I think police case has been lodged against me.
Will that be an issue? Can CIC find out about the police case. Because PCC is clean and in security screening they normally check for terrorist related activities.
Not sure if it will be an issue, but CIC can still find out if it happened in Canada or any country with which Canada shares info as a search will lead to reportable trace. And not only CIC check for security, but criminality check as well. So depends on the kind of case it is.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Even if you get your COPR issued, you are asked during the landing interview if you have any criminal issues. Specifically, "Have you ever been charged/convicted of a crime or offence; refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?" (it's on the COPR document).
If you lie at this point, and try to hide something that has happened since your application was submitted, you can have your PR or, later on, citizenship revoked. Basically, you should inform IRCC of any status changes during the application process, even up to the day you actually become a PR.