+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points on education

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
To Rupeshhari and Hero members,

Before sending documents,I just wanted to make sure;
Does the 4-years diploma on Logistic-management(university level) with a total of 16 years full-time study ,gives a 22 points on educational,
(It says that 3-years diploma and 15 years of full time study gives 22 points).
Your opinion is apreciated,

Jimmy

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cimi said:
To Rupeshhari and Hero members,

Before sending documents,I just wanted to make sure;
Does the 4-years diploma on Logistic-management(university level) with a total of 16 years full-time study ,gives a 22 points on educational,
(It says that 3-years diploma and 15 years of full time study gives 22 points).
Your opinion is apreciated,

Jimmy

according to their website the answer is yes you will get the 22 pionts as the following : this is the link ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp )

You have two or more university degrees at the bachelor's level and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points

You have a three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points

and you can check your points for free in the immigration website to see how many points you have in this link : (self-assessment test)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/Education.asp

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
And what's the difference between four-year Bachelor's degree with total 16 years of education and three-year diploma with total of 15 years of education?

Why then I will get 20 points for four-year Bachelor's degree with total 16 years of education, instead of 22 pints?

Thank you!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valioiko said:
And what's the difference between four-year Bachelor's degree with total 16 years of education and three-year diploma with total of 15 years of education?

Why then I will get 20 points for four-year Bachelor's degree with total 16 years of education, instead of 22 pints?

Thank you!

who told you that you will get only 20 points !!!! according to your information 4 years bachelor dgeree and at least 16 years equal to 22 ponits not 20 : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

You have a master's degree or PhD and at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 25 points

You have two or more university degrees at the bachelor's level and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points

You have a three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points

You have a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor's level and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a one-year university degree at the bachelor's level and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points

You have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points

You have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 12 points

You completed high school. 5 points

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
professional 1 said:
valioiko said:

Thank you!

who told you that you will get only 20 points !!!! according to your information 4 years bachelor dgeree and at least 16 years equal to 22 ponits not 20 : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

Your wrong, "You have a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor’s level and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a master's degree or PhD and at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 25 points

You have a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor's level and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a one-year university degree at the bachelor's level and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points

You have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points

You have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 12 points

You completed high school. 5 points
PMM

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry am not wrong the question was :

look at the question clearly at the beginning he said 16 years of education not 14 years

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

professional 1 said:

look at the question clearly at the beginning he said 16 years of education not 14 years
The maximum that you can get for 1 Bachelors degree is 20 points, no matter how you cut the cake.

PMM

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:

The maximum that you can get for 1 Bachelors degree is 20 points, no matter how you cut the cake.

PMM

he has 4 years bachelor not 1 year with a total of 16 years it means 22 points

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

professional 1 said:
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:

PMM

The word is BACHELORS it doesn't matter if it took him 24 years to get the bachelors, he is still only going to get 20 points.

Here is the quote from the page for education.

If you studied less than the number of years listed with your highest degree or diploma, you must award yourself the points that match your years of study.

* Example 1: If you have a master’s degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.
* Example 2: If you have a three- or four-year bachelor’s degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

PMM

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Cimi 22 points (sorry i didnt see your post before).

Valioko 20 points.

professional1 - one needs to have the minimum degree requirement as well as number of years of education to get the points. So for one university degree, as long as the person has the required number of years, they can get 20 points.

Your question may be why is it that a 4 year degree gets less than a 3 year diploma. It might be to do with the needs of Canada (i dont know, just guessing). Its also like asking, why does a Phd get the same number of points as a Masters....it all depends on the needs I guess.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:

PMM

The word is BACHELORS it doesn't matter if it took him 24 years to get the bachelors, he is still only going to get 20 points.

Here is the quote from the page for education.

If you studied less than the number of years listed with your highest degree or diploma, you must award yourself the points that match your years of study.

* Example 1: If you have a master's degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.
* Example 2: If you have a three- or four-year bachelor's degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

PMM
you still missunderstand the point the insrtructions mean 12 years of school from grade one to grad 12 + 4 years bachelor degree = 16 years of study and this case will be 22 point as stated in the website

and the point here because some univeristies give the master degree and the bachelor at the same time in 4 years only so it will be 12 years of school + 4 years bachelor and master the result is 16 years this case you will be the same level as above and you will gain 22 points not 25 inspite of the master that you hold because the years of study are still 16

the point as in the following :

high school sholud be at least 12 yeras

bachelor degree should be 4 years

master one or two years

phd three years

so if you claim any degree of the above you need to have beside your degree the minimum number of years that are required in order to obtain that degree otherwise you will not get the exact points

hope that it is clear now

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
professional1 - there is two requirements, one is the degree requirement, the second is the year requirement. Both need to be fulfilled. To get 22 points, one must have at least TWO degrees at bachelors level and the minimum number of years.

If a person has the minimum number of years, but only ONE degree, they won't get 22 points.

Think about it differently. There are people who get a bachelors degree in medicine after 5 or 6 years like those people in India, Pakistan, UK, SOuth Africa, etc. These people will have 17 to 18 years of education BUT CIC is quite clear on their website that these people will only get 20 points.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
remember it says at least 14 years of education for 20 points. not exactly 14 years of education.