+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points from job offer (Francophone Mobility work permit)

pedrocoelho

Star Member
Nov 28, 2020
I've been studying French for a while now and will take the TEF exam next month. I believe I'll be able to score a NCLC 5 or higher, which is required for the Mobilité Francophone, so my employer has agreed to support me on this process (submit the job offer and pay the employer compliance fee) if I succeed, since my work permit expires in a year.

In fact, both my PGWP and my wife's work permit expire in a year. My score in the CEC pool right now is 457 - expected to increase by around 20 points next month with my TEF results and my wife taking CELPIP for the first time, but I guess we can't just wait around with our arms crossed and expect the CEC cut-off score to fall below 500 any time soon, right?

So, I recently found out that this job offer may be valid for CEC and increase my score by 50 points, which would pretty much guarantee us an ITA in an eventual CEC draw. Can someone please confirm if this is correct? Do I just need to get my new LMIA-exempt closed work permit and then update my profile with the job offer to get the 50 points? I've been working full-time for this employer for almost 2 years, and my contract is permanent.

Thanks in advance.

pedrocoelho

Star Member
Nov 28, 2020
To be clearer, here's what I want to know (and then in red below are IRCC's conditions for an LMIA-exempt job offer to be valid):

Will I first have to complete 1 year working with the closed work permit in order to get the 50 points? I've been working for this employer for over a year with my PGWP already, and I assume I'm required to answer "Yes" to the following questions on my EE profile in order to get the points:
- "Is [candidate's name]'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?"
- "Has [candidate's name] been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?"

... but the second one isn't very clear. Is it "on the current work permit" as in "with the current work permit" or as in "working for the employer specified on the work permit"?

This is IRCC's wording on the conditions for an LMIA-exempt job offer to be valid: