+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

points for spouse's education

Sibtain

Dec 17, 2009
am getting points for my spouse's education n relatives in canada, but at the moment am jus applyin for myself.
my questions are..
1. will i get points for my spouse's education n relatives in canada, even though she is not applyin with me??
2. will i be able to sponsor my spouse later on once i reach there?

waitin for some suggestions.. and advices from previous experiences n knowledge would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sib

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sibtain said:
am getting points for my spouse's education n relatives in canada, but at the moment am jus applyin for myself.
my questions are..
1. will i get points for my spouse's education n relatives in canada, even though she is not applyin with me?? -No Points if spouse is not part of application

2. will i be able to sponsor my spouse later on once i reach there? - Yes

waitin for some suggestions.. and advices from previous experiences n knowledge would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sib

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
Sibtain said:
my questions are..
1. will i get points for my spouse's education n relatives in canada, even though she is not applyin with me??You need to include your spouse in your application even if spouse is not coming to Canada with you, if you do not indicate your spouse in your application, you cannot sponsor it later

Thanks in advance.

Sib

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
1. will i get points for my spouse's education n relatives in canada, even though she is not applyin with me??

Like the above post says, you will have to Include wife/children on Application, they WILL have to take Medical as well. AND you will have to include some sort of declaration that they will not be coming with you and are not included in PR. Its not just simply saying that wife / children wont be included.
And you might have to satisfy the immigration officer as well, as to why you are following the Family leaving behind path.

2. will i be able to sponsor my spouse later on once i reach there?

As per my knowledge, you will not be able to do that once you declare her non accompanying.

Sibtain

Dec 17, 2009
thanx for the prompt replies guyz..

i will mention her in my application that am married etc etc; what i want to know is whether it is possible to sponsor her once i reach there as i would show in my application that she is my wife but not applyin with me n once i reach there then i'll sponsor her..

as devilhimselff mentioned...but y do i need to satisfy the immigration officer if i dun wish my wife to accompany me and i might later on the stage, once am in canada would wish my wife to apply as my dependant and join me there..
example: one reason may be that i dun hv enough funds at the moment to apply for her as well..
and if she is not accompanyin me then y would she need to go for medical??

plz dun mind as am not arguin..but i need to know this thing so i would be able to decide what should be my next step..

thank u so much for ur time guyz.. :)

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All Family members - (read spuse and children) will be part of application and you have to do the medicals for them, thats a rule. You may not include them in your immigration application as accompanying member now and can sponsor them later. It takes about 3-6 months for sponsorship

If spouse is not an accompanying member, you do not get points for her education or adaptability

Read the instruction guide once and it will answer lot of questions for you

Sibtain said:
thanx for the prompt replies guyz..

i will mention her in my application that am married etc etc; what i want to know is whether it is possible to sponsor her once i reach there as i would show in my application that she is my wife but not applyin with me n once i reach there then i'll sponsor her..

as devilhimselff mentioned...but y do i need to satisfy the immigration officer if i dun wish my wife to accompany me and i might later on the stage, once am in canada would wish my wife to apply as my dependant and join me there..
example: one reason may be that i dun hv enough funds at the moment to apply for her as well..
and if she is not accompanyin me then y would she need to go for medical??

plz dun mind as am not arguin..but i need to know this thing so i would be able to decide what should be my next step..

thank u so much for ur time guyz.. :)

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Sibtain said:
.......plz dun mind as am not arguin..but i need to know this thing so i would be able to decide what should be my next step...
Absolutely no problem. None of us is an expert, we are all applicants, who provide info to the best of our knowledge (which many times can be wrong).

You can ask question, untill you are satisfied :)

I think I read somewhere about the family sponsor, and it was related to something concerning Medicals of the Spouse and non-admissibility (though not sure).....If everyone of your family member passes Medical, Security, then I think (though not sure) that you might be able to sponsor them later.

DO discuss with someone with better knowledge (a good lawyer or someone with experience), that what kind of effect does it have on application and visa officer etc. Try Qorax, PMM here on the forum, great guys with excellent info.

Sibtain

Dec 17, 2009
thank u so much ankit and devilhimselff for the information provided.. :)

ankit: i hv read the whole guide...but could find anythin regardin medical and police certificate stuff for dependents..
i'd really appreciate if u can post the exact source so i would be able to view that particular thing again..

Thanks,
Sib

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hmm dear you didnt read it thoroughly :) Go through again...
Anyways here is where it is

EG7 (Guide) Page 40....

"All applicants must undergo a medical examination. You and your family members, whether they will be accompanying you or not, must undergo and pass a medical examination. To pass the medical examination you or your family members must not have a condition that:
 is a danger to public health or safety, or
 would cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada.
Examples of “excessive demand” include ongoing hospitalization or institutional care for a physical or mental illness. "

Here is the page where you should read everything in detail...it does help. Best of Luck;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And to corrcet what I said earlier it taken 7-10 months to sponsor your family from India and not 3-6 months. This time frame is different for different countries