+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for experience

Osheen Sharma

Aug 16, 2020
Hi
I tried calculating my score from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp .
here under work experience there are only 2 categories, 1 for work in canada and 2nd in country outside canada and according to this calculator i am getting 50 points whereas someone told me i will be getting less because only those get 50 points having 6+ year experience. so i am confused. i am a college teacher in India.
Please can someone clarify ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Why would you take the word of a stranger over the government website? You can earn 50 points for three years of foreign work experience.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would you take the word of a stranger over the government website? You can earn 50 points for three years of foreign work experience.
Wrong.
1. you cannot earn 50 points just for 3+ years of foreign work experience (outside Canada). You also need to have good language test for your first language (from immigration perspective, the language - EN or FR; you choose as a first language). So you need to have CBL 9+ in all 4 skills of that language

2. 6 + years of work experience without any additional language condition will give you FSW points (those are needed to be able to enter express entry itself). However these points will not help you at all with CRS score.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I said "can earn," not "will earn" because of course it is dependent on their language scores. And since OP specifically referenced their CRS score, I only addressed that, not the FSW grid.