+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Alberta Opportunity Stream in AINP and work experience related question

Feb 4, 2023
Are there any points in AOS under AINP?
I couldn't find any information about the points on the official Alberta website (apart from express entry).
The only information I managed to find was Alberta PNP points. Alberta PNP ceased to exist and was replaced by AINP, right?
I would be more than happy if you help me to find that out. Thanks.
Apart from that AOS seems to have only up to 3500 nominations per year. How competitive does it seem to you?
To it seems much more competitive than OINP with over 9500 nominations per year and MPNP with around 16000 nominations per year respectively.
I'm a CUAET holder Ukrainian citizen and I'm trying to choose a province with easier PR pathways.
AND one more question about work experience:
Eligible work experience
At the time your application is submitted you must have either:

a minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months, or
a minimum of 24 months of full-time work experience in your current occupation in Canada or abroad within the last 30 months or both – this work experience can be a combination of experience gained in Alberta, in Canada (outside Alberta) or abroad.
EXPERIENCE IN CURRENT occupation means exactly the same occupation as my current job offer or only same noc tier?
AND ALSO in case of foreign worker experience how does it work: I have foreign experience of 24 months, I come to Alberta, I'm getting hired in the same occupation as in my experience from abroad and apply for PR.
Thank you for your replies and sorry for long read. A lot of questions picked up over that time