+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points Difference in CELPIP and IELTS in CEC

Sep 11, 2024
Hi Everyone! hope you all are doing well and are in great health.

I uploaded my profile for CEC in May after taking the IELTS and the total score I got after all calculations was 491.

Someone told me about the CELPIP and last week I took the CELPIP test as well, after getting the results this week while I was uploading the result in my GC key account the score dropped to 443.

The major difference I can see is between the -:
CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience25

Earlier with IELTS I was getting 50 points each (As mentioned below) for this but now after the CELPIP I am only getting 25 (As mentioned above)

CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience50

Can someone please help me with this and highlight the correction here? Also please advise how I can apply my CELPIP marks correctly in my application, without compromising on my Skill Transferability points?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone! hope you all are doing well and are in great health.

I uploaded my profile for CEC in May after taking the IELTS and the total score I got after all calculations was 491.

Someone told me about the CELPIP and last week I took the CELPIP test as well, after getting the results this week while I was uploading the result in my GC key account the score dropped to 443.

The major difference I can see is between the -:
CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience25

Earlier with IELTS I was getting 50 points each (As mentioned below) for this but now after the CELPIP I am only getting 25 (As mentioned above)

CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience50

Can someone please help me with this and highlight the correction here? Also please advise how I can apply my CELPIP marks correctly in my application, without compromising on my Skill Transferability points?
Sounds like the issue is probably your Celpip score. Impossible to comment without knowing what you scored.