+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF when h4 is the Primary Applicant

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi all,

I am on h4 visa and I will be primary applicant while applying for EE for canada. Now I am on h4 since 2 years and I do not have enough fund for EE(I have very least amount which i saved when I was working). My husband will be sending the fund to my account as for POF who is on H1b since 2 years. Moreover, some of amount will be sent to me as gift by my sister. Both, my sister and husband are ready to give me document that explains that the amount is gift and they do not want it back. Will this work? or CIC might reject as most of the amount is not mine?
Also I am going to apply in June 18 and the funds will be sent to my account on monthly basis from may 18 and not all of sudden.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your spouse not accompanying? What is the point of getting a gift deed from him?

Regarding your sister, yes, you can get a gift deed from her.

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Is your spouse not accompanying? What is the point of getting a gift deed from him?

Regarding your sister, yes, you can get a gift deed from her.
Yes, my spouse is accompanying me. So if he is not transferring the amount to my account then do I need to provide his 6 months bank statements to cic? He is having multiple accounts with different banks. Do we need provide statements from all banks?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He doesn't need to transfer the money, you can use whichever account you want where the funds are available (you don't have to provide all). Bank statements are only recommended to be provided when the bank refuses to provide a letter which follow's IRCC's guidelines.

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
In the CIC website it is mentioned that the pof should be shown on primary applicant's bank account. So will the fund shown on my spouse's account will lead to rejection? Please confirm as many form says that you can have joint account with spouse but fund can't be show directly on his account.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it won't lead to rejection. If you're concerned (although you shouldn't) you can get a NOC from your husband (no objection certificate).

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You can use his account. Is it not a joint account? You can use it even if it is not. It is better to make it joint in general.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
No, it is not a joint account. I am on h4 so I cannot open an account in USA.
I dont know which bank you are working with but it is flatly not true that you cannot open bank account on H4. Rather, you don't even have to be a legal immigrant to open an account and there are tons of illegal/undocumented immigrants with bank accounts in US. Similarly you should be able to add your name to your husband/wife's account and then obtain POF letter from the bank. It will probably be the cleanest way to do it.

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
I dont know which bank you are working with but it is flatly not true that you cannot open bank account on H4. Rather, you don't even have to be a legal immigrant to open an account and there are tons of illegal/undocumented immigrants with bank accounts in US. Similarly you should be able to add your name to your husband/wife's account and then obtain POF letter from the bank. It will probably be the cleanest way to do it.
But in many forums I have seen that if the bank account is new or created 6 months before, then it is rejected.

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
If my sister sends me $1000 every month to my account(say for 4 months), do I need to mention that i received 4000 as gift?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
But in many forums I have seen that if the bank account is new or created 6 months before, then it is rejected.
Again, don't know which forums you are reading. There is nothing like that. If your spouse is accompanying, you can just show POF in their bank account and that will work.