+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POE Assistance pls

Safa76

Sep 7, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone here would take the time and offer me some advice on my current situation.

A brief history:

I am a UK citizen who met and fell in love with a Canadian citizen in July 2008 whilst working in Utila, Honduras. I came to Canada in September 2008 for 3 months before returning to the UK for 1 month. I then returned to Canada for 6 months as per the visitors visa. Things have worked out amazingly between us and I proposed to her in January. In June of this year we both returned to the UK for a month with her 7 year old son to attend a wedding and for them to meet my family. We then returned to Canada for 1 week to return her son to his dad before returning back to Utila, Honduras. We stayed in Utila for 2 and half months before my fianceé returned back to Canada and her son.

I have stayed in Utila for work but I am wanting to return to Canada again for another 6 months in a month to be with her again as being apart from each other is very hard for the both of us.

I understand the suspicions of the IO at the border in regarding myself as person who might overstay the visa but I will not do this as i do not want to risk any chance i might have in applying for a sponsership and PR visa.

What might I do to help persuade the IO ?? I will have booked a ticket to return home to England after the 6 months stay in Canada but I don't want to risk not obtaining entry again into Canada and the cost of a ticket.

Please can you help and many thanks

As you probably know, as a UK citizen you can enter Canada as often as you wish without the need for an entry visa. If you wish to stay longer you may always apply for an extension on your temporary resident status as a visitor via the CPC Vegreville, AB. Since your fiancee is a Canadian citizen you have a valid reason to visit her as much as you want and, following your marriage, even be sponsored by her from within Canada under the spousal sponsorship class category. You should be honest to Canadian immigration authorities regarding the length of your stay in Canada, your job in Honduras and your present situation. Unless you do anything wrong or illegal, you should not have any problems with Immigration Canada. In any case, in order to avoid this stress, I suggest that you talk with your fiancee about this matter and find a proper way, as well as the suitable immigration program, to become a permanent resident of this beautiful country.

Safa76

Sep 7, 2009
Many thanks Immigration Expert for your reply.

I will be declaring everything to the IO when I arrive back in Canada to visit my fianceé.

Do you think that because i was in Canada only 4 months ago on a 6 month visitor visa then this will affect my chances again of obtaining another 6 months or not ?? I will have proof of being able to leave the country ( as in a flight to the UK) and have a letter from my employer here in Honduras saying that I will be returning to work once my leave is over.

Would a letter from her inviting me to Canada and explaining that I will staying with her help at all as she is willing to do this??

Thanks you once again.

Safa

Hi Safa,

Once you arrived in Canada IO may grant you a six-months visitor status automatically by stamping your passport. You should be honest in your answers and show IO all the supporting documents (letters, proof of available funds, etc) , if required. On the other hand, it can't go like this forever. Eventually, or as the case may be, the IO will refuse your entry to Canada or substantially limit the terms of your stay here. Therefore, I suggest that you speak with your fianceé about this matter and find the way to avoid this problem. Good luck!

Safa76

Sep 7, 2009
Again many thanks Immigration Expert,

I will be 100% honest at the POE.

I have spoken to my fianceé about this matter and have both agreed that the main purpose of this visit will be finding and following through with the correct course of action so we do not have to go through the worry of whether or not I will accepted into Canada at the border. I just want to be as prepared as i am possibly able to be for this coming visit with the IO. I know that it is not certain of entry but just want to be ready.

I will prepare all available paper work for this as I had a rather unpleasant experience the last time i gained entry to Canada, as I did not have all necessary paperwork at my disposal there and then, and this was with my finaceé and her son there after they had been back to England to meet my family.

Many thanks once again

Safa

I

ImmOfficer

Above it says that as a UK citizen you can come as many times as you want without a visa... This is true, BUT, that is only about a TRV which is required to travel to Canada. A TRV has almost nothing to do with being granted entry. Entry requirements are the same for every country in the world, some just have to have a special sticker in their passport before they can show up here. The stamp in your passport is a visa. You must satisy the Officer that you are admissible on each trip to get that visa.

Letters from Canadian reception help, proof of funds and return ticket help, ties to your home country help, etc.. Prove to the Officer that you are not an immigrant without a visa and that you will leave before the period authorized for your stay expires.