+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Time Lines

luckyqamar

Sep 21, 2016
Hi All,

I have submitted my EOI and am at score 360, so its obvious I need one of the following two.

1. LMIA approved job offer, which I am hunting.
2. PNP.

Assuming I get a LMIA number (Job offer) in 2 months or successfully hook myself onto a PNP application, can someone please comment how long will it take before I get my Visas stamped and good to go. Any step/stage wise breakup of the time between now and then will be highly appreciated.

I know there are previous posts on the forum revolving around the same topics but somehow the more I read, the more confusing it gets, so could some informative forum member please give a crisp comment. I believe it would be for the greater good of all new members.

I reside in Pakistan by the way.

Many Thanks

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
luckyqamar said:
Hi All,

I have submitted my EOI and am at score 360, so its obvious I need one of the following two.

1. LMIA approved job offer, which I am hunting.
2. PNP.

Assuming I get a LMIA number (Job offer) in 2 months or successfully hook myself onto a PNP application, can someone please comment how long will it take before I get my Visas stamped and good to go. Any step/stage wise breakup of the time between now and then will be highly appreciated.

I know there are previous posts on the forum revolving around the same topics but somehow the more I read, the more confusing it gets, so could some informative forum member please give a crisp comment. I believe it would be for the greater good of all new members.

I reside in Pakistan by the way.

Many Thanks
Depending on which province you apply for, at province stage time can vary from 1 month to 3-5 years(Quebec). If you choose express entry, additional 6 months added, if you choose traditional paper stream, expect additional 15 months.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyqamar said:
Anyone please?
i would strongly recommend you rewrite ielts, that will boost score significantly.

360 is a nothing score, will be next to impossible to get PNP or job offer (unless your occupation is in demand)

luckyqamar

Sep 21, 2016
Thanks.

I believe my occupation is in demand, and am currently talking to some employers, they all seem to back off when it comes to the LMIA process.

I am not sure why my score turned out to be so less, I have a masters degree (foreign), IELTS over all 7 and 8 years of experience (out of which 2 years is foreign experience, not in Canada though).

Even if rewrite IELTS I dont think Im going to get a 9 band.

Any other suggestions I could improve on my score, I havent got much points for my spouse as she has not yet completed her bachelors or IELTS. But I think even when she does both it wont fetch me much score.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyqamar said:
Thanks.

I believe my occupation is in demand, and am currently talking to some employers, they all seem to back off when it comes to the LMIA process.

I am not sure why my score turned out to be so less, I have a masters degree (foreign), IELTS over all 7 and 8 years of experience (out of which 2 years is foreign experience, not in Canada though).

Even if rewrite IELTS I dont think Im going to get a 9 band.

Any other suggestions I could improve on my score, I havent got much points for my spouse as she has not yet completed her bachelors or IELTS. But I think even when she does both it wont fetch me much score.
give me your individual score in ielts... listening speaking writing reading.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyqamar said:
Here mate.

L 7
R 7.5
W 6.5
S 7
use http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to calculate scores and play around with it...

only if you increase score to
L : 8
R : 8
W : 7.5
S : 7.5

you will be easily over 450-460 (depends on your age then)

thats why IELTS is so so so crucial, it has massive weightage.

luckyqamar

Sep 21, 2016
My CRS breakup.

Age 85
Education 126
First official Language 96
Skill Transferability - Education 25
Skill Transferability - Foreign work 25

Total : 357 :'(

luckyqamar

Sep 21, 2016
Thanks alot thestunner316.

Your idea sounds tempting, if I do improve on my IELTS, in that case if my spouse does her IELTS and takes even a 6 band, I may even get to like 490, and wouldnt need a PNP and LMIA.

Worth a try I guess, this brings in another question in mind, what if my IELTS go horribly wrong and my score drops, it rings a bell that I have to use the latest IELTS?

Many Thanks

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyqamar said:
Thanks alot thestunner316.

Your idea sounds tempting, in that case if my spouse does her IELTS and takes even a 6, I may even get to like 490, and wouldnt need a PNP and LMIA.

Worth a try I guess, this brings in another question in mind, what if my IELTS go horribaly wrong and my score drops, it rings a bell that I have to use the latest IELTS?

Many Thanks
its not tempting, trust me its the only way forward... and its a lot easier too... just practise hard for IELTS, prepare for like a month, inshallah it should work out.
score will never reach 490 unless you have canadian work experience... and age should be less than 30 also.
dont think spouse IELTS has a lot of weightage.. max it can add is like 5-6 points. But she should write IELTS anyway.

No - you can use whichever IELTS scores is highest, provided its still valid at the application for PR... I would suggest you write IELTS as many times as you want unitl you get the desired scores

One other way is if your wife has 3+ years work experience, she can be the primary applicant ... this way you can get more points for age (this is assuming your wife is younger than you)

good luck

luckyqamar

Sep 21, 2016
thestunner316 said:
its not tempting, trust me its the only way forward... and its a lot easier too... just practise hard for IELTS, prepare for like a month, inshallah it should work out.
score will never reach 490 unless you have canadian work experience... and age should be less than 30 also.
dont think spouse IELTS has a lot of weightage.. max it can add is like 5-6 points. But she should write IELTS anyway.

No - you can use whichever IELTS scores is highest, provided its still valid at the application for PR... I would suggest you write IELTS as many times as you want unitl you get the desired scores

One other way is if your wife has 3+ years work experience, she can be the primary applicant ... this way you can get more points for age (this is assuming your wife is younger than you)

good luck
Many Thanks thestunner316. Your a star.

She has not yet done her bachelors (just apprearing for her final exams), let alone any work experience, she 21 now.

So I am going to do another IELTS and also get her to do it, will try all we can.

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
thestunner316 said:
only if you increase score to
L : 8
R : 8
W : 7.5
S : 7.5

you will be easily over 450-460 (depends on your age then)

thats why IELTS is so so so crucial, it has massive weightage.
For real? You mean than an extra point on your EILTS average can give you over 100 CSR points?