+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - New Delhi visa office - advice required for changing the visa office

menfields

Oct 18, 2014
Hello All,

I applied for PR to CIC -PNP while I was in India, initially taken up by New delhi office and later moved to Colombo office to cut short the processing time.
Meanwhile I had to move to USA due to work and My spouse/kid are in India, will join me soon in NOV/DEC.
I earlier requested CIC to change my address as USA and it was done also , I verified it online as well.

Medicals were done a month ago , I did in USA, spouse/kid did in India.

Today I have got an email from CIC colombo who was processing my application that , to finalize my application, I need to send the passports and photographs of self and dependents to New Delhi office via vfs. The online status is still shows 'in process' though that medicals received.

As I can not go to India now due to current job , i could think of only the below 2 options.
Requesting your guidance.

Option 1 -
If i can send my passport to my spouse through courier/friend , have my spouse to submit the passports to vfs to New Delhi office and my spouse bring it back to US when she comes in December.

option 2 -
Request CIC an alternate option to submit the passports in Buffalo canadian high commission office in US

They have given 45 days to submit the passports and I am not in a position to visit India due to job.

kindly advice if anyone know New Delhi office hold the passports for longer duration , which of the above two option is best for me to pursue or is there another option i can do . I am also worried, if can be in USA without passport in this given situation , please advice. thanks.

Thanks
David