+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Maintained Status

david7406

Oct 9, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a post-graduated work permit that is expiring on December 23rd this year (2024). I submitted my EOI profile for the Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program under the Skilled Worked pathway. I have not heard back from them since June, that is when I submitted my profile. I am getting a pretty desperate since my work permit is expiring in a couple months and I still have not got back from the MPNP Team. I spoke to some people from IRCC on the phone and I understood that once I get my Letter of Advice to Apply and I submit my actual application for the PNP I will be on Maintained Status and I will be able to keep working under the same conditions even though my WP expires in December.

I have been browsing through the IRCC website but I have not been able to find anything that mentions PNP applications and maintained status.

My question simply is: Would I be on maintained status once I get the LAA and I submit my full application for the PNP? Would I be able to keep working while my PNP application is being processed?

Thank you in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a post-graduated work permit that is expiring on December 23rd this year (2024). I submitted my EOI profile for the Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program under the Skilled Worked pathway. I have not heard back from them since June, that is when I submitted my profile. I am getting a pretty desperate since my work permit is expiring in a couple months and I still have not got back from the MPNP Team. I spoke to some people from IRCC on the phone and I understood that once I get my Letter of Advice to Apply and I submit my actual application for the PNP I will be on Maintained Status and I will be able to keep working under the same conditions even though my WP expires in December.

I have been browsing through the IRCC website but I have not been able to find anything that mentions PNP applications and maintained status.

My question simply is: Would I be on maintained status once I get the LAA and I submit my full application for the PNP? Would I be able to keep working while my PNP application is being processed?

Thank you in advance!
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
You must meet these requirements.
https://immigratemanitoba.com/2024/09/work-permits-prospective-pnp-candidates/

Reactions: david7406