+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP EE application Oct 2020... PR still pending..

Jenny2020

Jul 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

I really need some help/guidance on what else I can do to move our application forward.

Program: PNP EE
Currently on work permit living in Canada (work permit obtained under the PNP)
ITA: October 2020
Initial planned application completion: 21 April 2021 (In late March 2020, they decided to remove the expected completion date for all PR applications)
Submitted all documents in October 2020 + Updated one of the documents requested by the officer in December 2020
Current status: Stuck at the Security check step for over 14 months. Despite many calls and follow-ups, nothing changed and they didn't even start this last step.
Total processing time now: 20+ months while the online check shows 18 months for processing time.

We are really losing hope that someone is even looking at out file. It feels like they just forgot about us. Anyone in the same situation? Any advice?
@legalfalcon : I saw you have helped many people here. Any recommendation please?

Thank you

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
AOR was in October 2020. Not sure what a Mandamus exactly entails in terms of process/timeline. Do you think it is the best way forward? Are there other options?
Writ of Mandamus basically demands IRCC to decide on an overdue case in 30 days, but you might need a lawyer. Some on this forum, most with 2019 or early 2020 AORs, have went this route.

Security not started is IMO not a great indicator. You could still be just a week or two from PPR. I would suggest estimating your likelihood of getting PPR by Q3. Are you due for a remed? Were you asked of it? And watch out for the size of the next draws. If they remain small, that means IRCC does focus on the backlog.