+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM PLEASE HELP

Forever

Feb 1, 2009
I asked a question about sponsoring my husband and now I have another question,

Can somebody who has a pending case in their country of origin come and visit Canada for couple of months or so to visit a family member that is having a surgery. The case is not gonna be processed in next year or so. Could the judge on the case send the letter when person goes to apply stating that they have enough time to visit Canada and come back until the case re-opens? Would the visa office even notice this if its not mentioned?

Thanks a lot in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Forever said:
I asked a question about sponsoring my husband and now I have another question,

Can somebody who has a pending case in their country of origin come and visit Canada for couple of months or so to visit a family member that is having a surgery. The case is not gonna be processed in next year or so. Could the judge on the case send the letter when person goes to apply stating that they have enough time to visit Canada and come back until the case re-opens? Would the visa office even notice this if its not mentioned?

Thanks a lot in advance
I think that it is going to be very difficult to get a TRV with a case pending and a Canadian spouse, the IO is not going to believe that the person will return home. I believe earlier you said that he was unable to get a passport because of the pending case, so how would he get a passport as a visitor?

PMM

Forever

Feb 1, 2009
They now said he might since there is a lot of people involved in the case and a lot of them live outside of our country and travel back and forth all the time. They travel from our country that isn't in European Union to country's that are and nobody ever said anything to them or stopped them at any boarder.

My parents would send the invitation letter for him to come and visit. I been living back and forth between Canada and my country. Right now I have a return ticket and he would get one at the same time as myself.

I know it would be a long shot but I just thought if we provided a note from the judge as well as one from my moms doctor with the date of the surgery it would maybe be OK.

Thank you for any input I really respect your opinion