+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM I need your help - Applying for WP for a job in Quebec

lasikram

May 27, 2016
Good Day All / PMM,

I would like to ask if being a single a negative impact in applying a temporary work permit? I have seen a number of post here in the forums that their work permit application was refused due to being single / no bond/ties to the country.

I am single with 1 dependent tho (8 years old boy) but my marital status is Single. CIC already asked for medical examination and I completed it last June 9 and was submitted by the hospital June 16. Please help, anybody / PMM. Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
The only scenario in which being married plays a positive role in WP application is when you are going alone, and your spouse is behind. Because that apparently serves as a good tie to come back.

But even then it won't be that important since often the spouse would latter apply for dependent permit as well.

There is nothing negative for being single.

Specially if you have a child you intend to leave behind, it would have the same effect as above.

If you intend to go together, CIC would still try to see if you have had a decent profile (education / work experience in home country) which makes you an unlikely candidate to overstay illegally.