+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plz help!

blueberry

Jul 30, 2009
Hi everyone,
I got positive reply from CIO Sydney, NS and I have to submit my full application to the visa office. Now the problem is that I wrote in my application that I have a master’s degree, but unfortunately I couldn’t take my last semester’s exam, held in June. I do have my bachelor’s degree and my total score is 68 without the master’s degree. What should I do now? Should I write a letter to CHC explaining this fact? Does it affect the processing time or status of my application? Plz help

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
It shouldn't affect it.
Here is the thing. When you filed at Sydney, you shouldn't have claimed for a degree that you didn't have (no matter how close you are to getting it). I don't think they would punish you for it in any way.

If I were in your situation, this is what I would do. I would fill out new forms with the changes and write a letter to explain why. If I don't write a letter, then they may have your masters on record and see that it is different from your forms.

On the other hand, they have your masters on record and you may explain why you didn't get the masters and they will realize that you claimed for masters without having it (which is in some sense misrepresentation) but I don't think it is serious and I don't think they would think it is misrepresentation.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Hey Blueberry, remember this is just my opinion (i am no expert)