+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz help i got Request for additional info from CIC

tae728

May 14, 2013
Hi Guys,

The letter said my educational credentials in the field is unrelated to my current employment and is not satisfied that m have performed the duties of NOC type0, level A or B for 12months.

If i currently work under NOC1221, Does it matter what Major i studied for?? Do u have any ideas what to reply to CIC??

I have no idea how to reply to that

Thanks ㅜㅜ

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tae728 said:
Hi Guys,

The letter said my educational credentials in the field is unrelated to my current employment and is not satisfied that m have performed the duties of NOC type0, level A or B for 12months.

If i currently work under NOC1221, Does it matter what Major i studied for?? Do u have any ideas what to reply to CIC??

I have no idea how to reply to that

Thanks ㅜㅜ
Strange. What have they requested... CAn you copy and paste the letter/e-mail so we can see exactly what they have said?

Thanks!

tae728

May 14, 2013
They said,

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement buecause you have provied an employment reference letter which appears to be drawn directly

from the HRSDC website. Furthermore, you educational credentials in the field of Motive Power Techinician is unrelated to your current employment.I am not satisfied that

you have performed the duties of NOC type 0, Level A or B for 12months.

Thnerefore I am asking you to submit any additional infomation and/or ducumentation to the avove address..

case officer

Do u have any idea what to do ㅠㅠ

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
what ? what category did you apply in ? and when did you apply ??

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
tae728 said:
They said,

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement buecause you have provied an employment reference letter which appears to be drawn directly

from the HRSDC website. Furthermore, you educational credentials in the field of Motive Power Techinician is unrelated to your current employment.I am not satisfied that

you have performed the duties of NOC type 0, Level A or B for 12months.

Thnerefore I am asking you to submit any additional infomation and/or ducumentation to the avove address..

case officer

Do u have any idea what to do ㅠㅠ
Tae, from the above, educational credentials aren't the only problem. The fact that your duties were copied from the HRSDC website is a very serious issue as well. Any suggestions, seniors?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Here you go.... the VO is not convinced with the reference letter you have provided. Were the duties and responsibilities simply copied from HRSDC website ?

You need to get a new reference letter and submit asap. Make sure your duties are in line with the reference letter already submitted but you (your employer) will have to frame sentences differently matching the NOC code.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Consider yourself lucky that the VO has sought clarity and given you time. It would have been a straight rejection otherwise.
This should give a clear indication to others who have submitted reference letters where the employer has copied duties and responsibilities directly from HRSDC website.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Also submit any of your contract letter / offer letter / extension letter or letter from the client (if you worked for one) dated prior to this note from the VO which can evidence your job role.
This may be helpful to convince the VO that you have not cooked up things after the note from VO.

tae728

May 14, 2013
Thanks guys,

For copy and paste issue, I can rewrite and send to CIC, but Im more worried about my job is not related to my education. I have no idea how should i explan about that.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tae728 said:
For copy and paste issue, I can rewrite and send to CIC,...
You do realize that the letter is supposed to be from your employer, yes? Perhaps it would be best to explain the problem to your supervisor/employer, ask that they write the job duties/responsibilities in their own words... (along with all the other required pieces of information).

It might not hurt to have them add a statement of why you were hired for this position when you had just earned a credential as a Motive Power Technician, or some other explanation of how/why you got the job...

It's a difficult question - on the one hand, having your education and occupation match is NOT a requirement of CEC. On the other, it does look a bit strange to go for a technician diploma and then work as an Admin Officer, which usually requires different education. You could write your own explanation as to why you changed career paths...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
In addition to what jes_ON said, I would recommend that you speak to an experienced immigration lawyer ASAP before you submit anything to CIC.

Your response to the visa officer's concerns could be the deciding factor, therefore important to have a lawyer do it for you.

Do you still have the job posting for your job? Check whether you have some of the required qualifications and can submit evidence of it.

Have you taken some administrative courses, attended training sessions, presentations, etc since you started the job? You may want to include those.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
jes_ON always quipping in with great advice!

Also, consider yourself extremely lucky that CIC is asking you to prove your case. Many have been rejected without that chance. So don't stress out, look at it as an opportunity to strengthen your application. In my personal opinion, i would do exactly what jes_ON suggested below. Good luck.
jes_ON said:
You do realize that the letter is supposed to be from your employer, yes? Perhaps it would be best to explain the problem to your supervisor/employer, ask that they write the job duties/responsibilities in their own words... (along with all the other required pieces of information).

It might not hurt to have them add a statement of why you were hired for this position when you had just earned a credential as a Motive Power Technician, or some other explanation of how/why you got the job...

It's a difficult question - on the one hand, having your education and occupation match is NOT a requirement of CEC. On the other, it does look a bit strange to go for a technician diploma and then work as an Admin Officer, which usually requires different education. You could write your own explanation as to why you changed career paths...

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Andy2109 said:
Consider yourself lucky that the VO has sought clarity and given you time. It would have been a straight rejection otherwise.
This should give a clear indication to others who have submitted reference letters where the employer has copied duties and responsibilities directly from HRSDC website.
I totally agree with this.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SenoritaBella said:
In addition to what jes_ON said, I would recommend that you speak to an experienced immigration lawyer ASAP before you submit anything to CIC.

Your response to the visa officer's concerns could be the deciding factor, therefore important to have a lawyer do it for you.

Do you still have the job posting for your job? Check whether you have some of the required qualifications and can submit evidence of it.

Have you taken some administrative courses, attended training sessions, presentations, etc since you started the job? You may want to include those.
Agreed, this is one of those moments when spending the $$$ may make a positive difference... And also agree, if you have other education or work experience from back home that is relevant to the position, it might be good to provide evidence fot hat as well.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Very lucky indeed!

Guys, the more I read the rejections recently, the more I notice comments relating to the main statement, as opposed to just duties. Now, even the credential requirements. I believe the VOs are comparing apps to complete NOC descriptions, especially if its not simple or clear.

In this case (NOC 1221):
•A university degree or college diploma in business or public administration may be required.
•Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required.

What I, if I was a VO, would see as a reasonable explanation would be...if the admin position you hold required direct or intricate knowledge of technical aspects as related to company work. Therefore you have both covered - your credentials are being used, and you were put in that position because you understand the technical portion, but are also good at the admin stuff too.