+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plz help~ EE change spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying after PPR

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
Hi folks,
I am in a relatively special situation and it would be much appreciated if some experts could put your thoughts and suggestions.

I applied EE under CEC and got passport request recently. I put my spouse as non-accompanying in my EE application because he's working in US and we thought we could do long distance for several years. But as time went by, we found long distance is hard and we want to stay together. We decided that my husband would come to Canada after we got our PR together.
Therefore, I notified the VO that now I would like to change my spouse's status from non-accompanying to accompanying, so hopefully we could get our PR together. The VO requested additional docs from my in my online application - they are processing fee and a letter of explanation. I have paid the $550 + $490 fee for my spouse now and also include a letter of explanation to explain the reason (as described above).

My confusion is that - will my score got recalculated? I got invite to apply at score 470 (with the min score of the draw being 456 back to that round), however I tried to calculate my score with spouse and it's 450. So will the VO recalculate our score at a later time? Or the VO already decided that we don't need a score recalculation and that's why he only request fees and letter of explanation from us now? (Note that my spouse's PoC, Medical, Photos... have been uploaded before as non-accompanying)

If unluckily our score will be recalculated, will we got rejected? Could we apply for EE again if unfortunately we got rejected? I just feel like it's kind of disappointed if we are required to pay fees for my spouse first and then got rejected only because the recalcualted score...

Thank you so much folks! Please advise.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Score will be recalculated but if it's above the cut off of the current round of invitation your application won't be denied. Currently it's 440. I don't think they will look back at the old cut off.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Score will be recalculated, it will be compared to the cutoff score of the draw for which you were invited.
2 - It should lead to rejection and yes, you can reapply.

Note that this is what should happen but knowing IRCC I wouldn't be surprised if they don't give a damn and simply let you both get PR.

Reactions: younan02

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
Score will be recalculated but if it's above the cut off of the current round of invitation your application won't be denied. Currently it's 440. I don't think they will look back at the old cut off.
Thanks for your reply. I am now confused about the cut-off score they are gonna compared to... if it's the current round, then mine is higher than the cutoff, but if it's compared to the score of my draw (Nov.2017 - which was 456) then I am 6 points lower... Could you let me know the answer? Thanks!

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
1 - Score will be recalculated, it will be compared to the cutoff score of the draw for which you were invited.
2 - It should lead to rejection and yes, you can reapply.

Note that this is what should happen but knowing IRCC I wouldn't be surprised if they don't give a damn and simply let you both get PR.
Thank you so much for your reply. Ya if the recalculated score will be compared to the cutoff our the our draw back to Nov2017, then I am 6 points less than the cutoff... I will wait to see what's the result to my application. One more question - do you think there would be any negative impact to my future application, if I unluckily got rejected for this reason. Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your reply. Ya if the recalculated score will be compared to the cutoff our the our draw back to Nov2017, then I am 6 points less than the cutoff... I will wait to see what's the result to my application. One more question - do you think there would be any negative impact to my future application, if I unluckily got rejected for this reason. Thanks
No negative impact.

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
Hi guys! Just wanna update here that I got the new PPR today. Me and my husband were so lucky! Thank you for all your help~

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hi guys! Just wanna update here that I got the new PPR today. Me and my husband were so lucky! Thank you for all your help~
Hi,

Glad to know it worked for both of you. Did they recalculate your score? What did they request? How did you approach them?

I might be in a similar position later on so I want to understand whether this will be an option. I don't want my application to be rejected if I decide to change from Non-Accompanying to Accompanying, but at the same time it is my understanding that sponsoring your spouse might take a year.

All documentation for my spouse has been provided already, medicals, police certificates, etc. Not sure if the Stream makes a difference being that you are CEC and I'm FSW-Outland.

Thanks.

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
Hi,

Glad to know it worked for both of you. Did they recalculate your score? What did they request? How did you approach them?

I might be in a similar position later on so I want to understand whether this will be an option. I don't want my application to be rejected if I decide to change from Non-Accompanying to Accompanying, but at the same time it is my understanding that sponsoring your spouse might take a year.

All documentation for my spouse has been provided already, medicals, police certificates, etc. Not sure if the Stream makes a difference being that you are CEC and I'm FSW-Outland.

Thanks.
Thanks!
I don't know if my score got recalculated. By based on the info I got from this forum, I feel like they did not. They did not request extra docs other than fees for my spouse. I believe we are very lucky~
I am not sure what's the chance that the score will be recalculated in general tho. My feeling is it is possible.
Good luck!

dcruzmaddy

Sep 26, 2019
Hello All,
I am in the similar situation. But my doubt here is , when the draw happened in Dec 18, 2018 where I got my ita with spouse non accompanying, the cut off score was 439 and my score was 441. Now I have submitted my passport and wish to add my spouse who I am married to for 4 years , so the re calculated score is 439 which is same as cut off score. Also the tie break date was feb 6th 2018 but we created a profile in April 20, 2018, which is after the tie breaking date . So they would check the tie breaking date since my re calculated score is equal to the cut off score right? And since it’s afer the cut off date, would I still hold a chance to add him at this stage or will it lead to rejection?