+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help, which form should I fill in when applying for TRV?

kqlippy

Jun 16, 2014
I recently received my post-graduate work permit. Now I'm applying for my Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). I have some questions during the process of applying.
1. After answering a few qustions, I am required to fill in a form which is Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5275).

My question is the "Made Outside of Canada". Now I'm in Canada. Why is it "Outside"? Is the form IMM5275 right one that I should fill in?

2. In the 2nd page of IMM5275, here is a question: "Indicate how long you plan to stay? " How long should I fill in? The length of my work permit?
"Funds available for my stay (CAD)" How much should I fill in? (Will they ask me to provide the deposit certificate?)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
1. This is a common issue. Ignore and use the same for "outside Canada". Unfortunately CIC does not yet have a separate one for inside Canada.
I assume you made a typo it is IMM5257 and not 75.

2. Yes - the length of your work permit. Funds available seems tricky to me. Normally some one on a work permit should quote his annual salary in Canada i.e. nothing is available but you already are committed to earn this much money. For a PGWP if you dont have a job yet, i don't really know.

kqlippy

Jun 16, 2014
fkl said:
1. This is a common issue. Ignore and use the same for "outside Canada". Unfortunately CIC does not yet have a separate one for inside Canada.
I assume you made a typo it is IMM5257 and not 75.

2. Yes - the length of your work permit. Funds available seems tricky to me. Normally some one on a work permit should quote his annual salary in Canada i.e. nothing is available but you already are committed to earn this much money. For a PGWP if you dont have a job yet, i don't really know.
Thank you very much for your helpful answer! You are right that it should be 5257 :)