+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please suggest how to get my VISA REJECTED after getting passport request.

vivekkumary

Apr 8, 2023
Hi, I got my passport request. Due to some unexpected conditions, I must get my VISA rejected. So that I can claim refund for my tution fee.
I know this is an odd question but you know any way. Please suggest.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I got my passport request. Due to some unexpected conditions, I must get my VISA rejected. So that I can claim refund for my tution fee.
I know this is an odd question but you know any way. Please suggest.

Thanks.
Just don't submit your passport.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wouldn't they mention about failure of submitting passport as a reson on the refusal letter?
They might very well do that. However I'm not aware of any other way to get a refusal at this point. Are you?

vivekkumary

Apr 8, 2023
They might very well do that. However I'm not aware of any other way to get a refusal at this point. Are you?
If they mention that in rejection letter do you think
If they mention that as reason in refusal letter. Do you think I will get the refund?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If they mention that in rejection letter do you think

If they mention that as reason in refusal letter. Do you think I will get the refund?
Sorry, I don't know.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
No, you won't get refund
You don't know that. Some schools specify that if IRCC doesn't give a SP then all fees except for application fees will be refunded. The OP should check on the schools website or contact the directly to find their policy. Different story if a SP is issued and the student tries to withdraw.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You don't know that. Some schools specify that if IRCC doesn't give a SP then all fees except for application fees will be refunded. The OP should check on the schools website or contact the directly to find their policy. Different story if a SP is issued and the student tries to withdraw.
The issue is that the policy reads something like this:

Should a student’s visa be refused and student fees is provided with a copy of the visa rejection letter, tuition will be refunded, less the $200.00 college administrative fee

So the OP cannot get a refund because the permit was not refused. Even if the permit is cancelled OP still may not get a refund, becasue it was approved in the first place.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Should a student’s visa be refused and student fees is provided with a copy of the visa rejection letter, tuition will be refunded, less the $200.00 college administrative fee

So the OP cannot get a refund because the permit was not refused. Even if the permit is cancelled OP still may not get a refund, becasue it was approved in the first place.
I guess it will depend on the wording in the cancellation letter and how specific it is. But saying as a blanket statement there will be no refund isn't always correct. Also students, again it being school specific, can get partial refunds based on when, in relation to the intake date they withdraw from the course.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I guess it will depend on the wording in the cancellation letter and how specific it is. But saying as a blanket statement there will be no refund isn't always correct. Also students, again it being school specific, can get partial refunds based on when, in relation to the intake date they withdraw from the course.
I took the wording from Conestoga, the school mentioned by the OP in past posts. Also given it is September 27 and if OP was supposed to start in September then refund may not be available as semester is well underway. usually have 10 days.

Reactions: Shmiler

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I took the wording from Conestoga, the school mentioned by the OP in past posts. Also given it is September 27 and if OP was supposed to start in September then refund may not be available as semester is well underway. usually have 10 days.
You are better informed than me, I didn't know the OP's school nor the intake date. Wasn't mentioned in this thread. So as you say might be too late, should still check with the school.

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
I can think of a couple of ways:

1. Don't submit the passport. Let them refuse or cancel your application. Defer the admission. Then reapply with bad documentation and hope the rejection of this application. Then apply for the refund.

2. Don't submit the passport. Let them refuse or cancel your application. Then check with the university if they could refund the fee except deposit amount.

I may be wrong with my ideas. Consult someone experienced and having knowledge in this matter.

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021

hi, I am unable to DM you. Could you DM me? I have something to talk about the visa application and need your opinion. I don't feel like posting it here in public. Thank you.