+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

matteo80

Jan 31, 2011
Hi,
my name's Matteo. I'm italian and before filling the form for the request of permanent resident visa, I wanna show you my situation: on the 4th of January '11 I've been involved in a theft in a supermarket. The stolen merchandise consists of a piece of Parmesan cheese [total amount is 9€ (about 12 C$)].
After this I was accused of aggravated theft: the process will probably be in 18 months!
Having said that, I'd like to know: does this fact negatively affects my application for permanent residence?

Thanks everyone ;)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It may well cause problems.

Under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), if you have committed or been convicted of a crime, you may not be allowed to enter Canada. In other words, you may be "criminally inadmissible."

This includes both minor and serious crimes, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For a list of criminal offences in Canada, consult the Canadian Criminal Code. Note: there are other Acts of Parliament that a person can be convicted under, such as the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
matteo80 said:
Hi,
my name's Matteo. I'm italian and before filling the form for the request of permanent resident visa, I wanna show you my situation: on the 4th of January '11 I've been involved in a theft in a supermarket. The stolen merchandise consists of a piece of Parmesan cheese [total amount is 9€ (about 12 C$)].
After this I was accused of aggravated theft: the process will probably be in 18 months!
Having said that, I'd like to know: does this fact negatively affects my application for permanent residence?

Thanks everyone ;)
Have you been convicted?