+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help!

LuigiSenpai

Apr 29, 2015
hello,

i'm currently an illegal immigrant given permission to work in the US due to their DACA program. I was wondering if there was any way to be able to move into Canada Legally? I've been together with my fiancee for 5 years now (6 years knowing each other) and I'd like to finally live in a country where I can be stable (she is Canadian living in Quebec by the way) . Living in a country where your future is determined by the people in power is stressful and unfortunately the whole reason i ended up getting illegal status is due to actions my parents have taken without considering the outcome of it. I'm Salvadorian by birth and i'd like to avoid going to my home country due to the rising gang activity there and also due to having no known family member living there. me and my partner want to finally get together to start our lives, (she constantly travels to me to see me, and id like to finally be able to live with her with no fear and be able to work along side her towards our future) so again.. are there any ways to be able to legally go to Canada and live there given my circumstances?

I'd hope to be able to finally study and work there along side my partner. I want to finally make a change in my life and to gain control of it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your fiancee would have to sponsor you for permanent residency for you to be able to come to Canada. In order for her to sponsor you, you would first either have to get married or become common law (being common law means that you have continuously lived together for at least one full year).

Since you have no status in the US, you won't be approved for any temporary visa to Canada (e.g. work permit, study permit, visitor visa). Don't bother with any of these and focus on the permanent residency obligation.

If for some reason your fiancee is unable to sponsor you for PR herself, then you would have to research Canada's immigration programs to see if you qualify to apply on your own (e.g. as a skilled worker). Note that any work experience you gained illegally won't be counted for immigration purposes. I assume any experience under DACA will be counted but am not certain.

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you are 100% truthful about your immigration history (including any illegal entries or stays) in the immigration application. These are forgiven provided you don't lie.

LuigiSenpai

Apr 29, 2015
By any chance does going the conjugal path work? i have proof about being with her for five year but due to not having a status not being able to properly live with her. thank you very much though!!

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
LuigiSenpai said:
By any chance does going the conjugal path work? i have proof about being with her for five year but due to not having a status not being able to properly live with her. thank you very much though!!
No, probably not. Conjugal is incredibly difficult and not having status in the country you are currently living in is not a reason that will be approved. Conjugal is for people who have true and legitimate legal barriers to being together, such as a country where one person can't get a divorce because it is illegal.

LuigiSenpai

Apr 29, 2015
Ahh thank you very much for the information. I'd have to plan accordingly with her then but it's quite a relief to know that it's very possible for me to finally be with her. Thank you!