+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP

hopeful84

Jul 2, 2009
I came to canada on a study visa and my husband came with me. I got pregnant now and want to know what my options are.

If i give birth to the baby in canada, my baby will be a canadian citizen? Will i get permanent residence too as my baby was born here?

please help....or should i go back to my country but i am scared of flying while being pregnant.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Register your coming baby with your embassy where you are living, thats all. I couldn't see if there is any way to getting in canada base on child birth. If there is any, some one will reply you appropriately.

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
As per my knowledge,

you baby will have canadian citizen/canadian passport if you do all the required legal formalities etc, and also of after that the baby go back india with you, he/she can claim his/her rights to live in canada once the baby is 18.

I know because one of my cousin was visiting canada his wife gave bith to a baby girl there, she lived there with the girl for few months get the things gone, now the baby girl is living in india studying but she has got the canadian passport (she is in india on a visa). they usually say she will be able to go back once she is independednt as she has got the canadian passport.

though i am not sure you can get PR because you can not get PR on a dependeds basis (your baby will be dependent on you)

Seniors plz commnet if i am wrong.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
Right Pankaj.

your child will be a Canadian if born in Canada. There could be an issue if your stay is somehow illegal in terms of extended beyond visa expiry date or something.

you cannot get a PR based on your child's citizenship. Just that you can claim 5 points for adaptability in your FSW application because of your child's citizenship. You child can sponsor your PR when he/she grows up and starts earning.