+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE help with this question!!

legend618

Oct 27, 2008
I have a very good friend of mine who is from colombia. His daughter is married to a colombian man who she is sponsoring from colombia (PR process), the embassy in colombia asked for the passport and $25 in August, but until today they had no information. they have tried to contact the embassy and to no answer. So whats going on with this process? is this normal in colombia to hold the passport for this long? is their something wrong with their process. thank you

p.s: the embassy confrms getting the passport.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

legend618 said:
I have a very good friend of mine who is from colombia. His daughter is married to a colombian man who she is sponsoring from colombia (PR process), the embassy in colombia asked for the passport and $25 in August, but until today they had no information. they have tried to contact the embassy and to no answer. So whats going on with this process? is this normal in colombia to hold the passport for this long? is their something wrong with their process. thank you

p.s: the embassy confrms getting the passport.
Only 2 cases on trackitt, passport requested July, visa issued October. Normal processing time 6-12 months.

I wonder why they charged $25? The only additional charge is 3000 peso commission, unless the fee was for return courier of the passport.

PMM

M

med

well you will definately hear an anwser from them soon but what is the 25 dollars for , i cant understand what fee is that

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Hola,,,I went to Colombia and married a lady July 2,2008. I returned to Canada alone and sent everything off to begin the process of sponsoring her and my new daughter. End of Sept. I had news my sponshorship approved. Oct.28, news a file had been created in Bogota for Lucy. I remember sending her some money maybe the $25, I think it was for some sort of processing fee in Bogota. Who knows, it is a Canadian visa office in Bogota, but when I visited it, she was a Colombian at the desk. When I have phoned regarding our file as to what is happening, I only hear,"all the info is on the internet" and it may take a bit more or a bit less than one year after the file has been created in Bogota. I love the idea of marriage, 7 months now, but, at 54, (jokingly), I hope she can come before I die of old age.....It does seem strange if they have had the passport so long?